MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'de like to have a 12 second Street MR2....wondering some suggestions on kits...

I'de also like to know the ease of installing these kits, if the kits are bolt onts(no fab) I should be able to do it just might take a bit. Wonder if the kit you suggest is bolt on...

·
Automotive cartographer
4,402 Posts
If you have a gen2 motor, I recommend the Street Brawler kit from KO Racing. It comes out of the box with everything you need to bolt it right up to your manifold and exhaust.

·
Registered
5,392 Posts
I agree that would be one of the best kits to get. If you have a lower price range, then the ct20b and ct27 are both bolt on and are under $1,000. The KO kit or ATS TD06 kit can easily get you into the 12's and the first two mentioned will get you into the 12's but will need to be pushed quite hard and must have alot of supporting modifications.

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
would the ATS TD06 be faster than the CT27 in the quarter mile if they both had ~280hp and other conditions were set equal b/c the TD06 would pull hard all the way to redline?

·
Registered
3,036 Posts
shavedturbo said:
would the ATS TD06 be faster than the CT27 in the quarter mile if they both had ~280hp and other conditions were set equal b/c the TD06 would pull hard all the way to redline?
I don't know jack about drag racing but it seems pretty obvious that the car with more power will be quicker. If they both peak at 280 but holds more power to redline where you're more likely to be in drag racing, then that one would have more power where it counts and be faster.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts