MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Own a Mitsubishi/Dodge pickup truck* with a bench seat and looking for bucket seats? Good, because the underated, underappreciated stock MKII MR2 seats are a recyclable direct bolt in replacement, and I will tell you how in just 10 steps!

Step 1: Drive to your local U-Pull-It in your crappy old Mitsubishi Truck while the bench seat springs are poking you in the ass and find abandoned/totalled MKII NA (good luck finding a turbo in a yard) ;) MR2
Step 2: Clean out mice nests from interior and owl droppings from exterior.
Step 3: Remove seats, key from ignition, lock doors, and notify the local MR2 chapter of the car's ransom errr... finders fee in exchange for the key and location. :smile:
Step 4: Haggle over the real value of the rat nest and owl poop damaged seats. Act like you are broke and point to your ______ Mitsubishi truck you parked in front of the doors as proof. However low the price, refuse until as you are about to leave, you are made one last offer.
Step 5: Remove collapsing bench seat and do unto it as you see fit (burn, shoot, blow up) :biggun
Step 6: Clean up junk found under old seats (Wild Wild West theater tickets, emissions notices from 1997, rotten food, spare change). Vacuum, febreeze, and preferably shampoo seats.
Step 7: Find and expose four extra bolt holes under carpet and test fit seats and find more food/change.
Step 8: Choose your most precise hammometer and massage seat brackets to adapt to truck cab floor.
Step 9: Thread in rear bolts first, then use blows from body weight or hammometer to line up front seat brackets with bolt holes and thread bolts in like a glove.
Step 10: Use recovered change as toll and gas money for the trip to the next MR2 meet to show off your cool new whip!

*Hybrid Turbo Head Swap Optional

·
Registered
2,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i apologize for that. It wasnt me, my friend was using my login from his house and hes all giggity with the 6.5 megapixel camera.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Thats pretty sweet i might have to visit a junkyard and look for new seats... what is a good price for them? 1 penny a seat? LoLz

·
Registered
2,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i think he got both plus some other stuff for ~65 bucks

·
Registered
2,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeah thats what i said, but hes muuch taller than i am, and im sure theres a way to raise them up but it wouldnt be so simple then.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts