MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The casing on my tranny is cracked bad very bad ... beyond repair so I need to source me another one.. Im kinda on a budget so anyone know were I could find one. Junkyards are out no junkyard even remotely close has any mr2s around here. thanks in advance
Tim

·
Registered
4,941 Posts
what part of the casing is cracked, the main portion or some of the bits farther out? in one of my less then genuis attempts at car repair I managed to put a hole through mine on the end portion (use jackstands...set the car on them) and managed to get one off of a celica for $10 at a junk yard, the camry would be the same to my knowlege. Usually you can get the whole engine and tranny for around 500 give or take, I'd say pay no more than 200 for a tranny. Lots of people ditch those when they do turbo swaps so you shouldent have too much of a problem. I would suggest tearing it down and replacing the worn out bits if possible.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the info , this is actually for my friend who just bought a 91 na I myself drive a 91 turbo so I know nothing about the na engines or trannys. But keep the info comming thanks!
Tim

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
I've got an NA tranny with syncros that need help that I could probably be talked into parting with.

How did the housing get cracked?

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I dunno he bought it like that. But he did know about it when he bought it so it wasnt a shabby deal or anything.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts