MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,897 Posts
lots of board sponsors, chris k, i believe ATS does, those are the two i can think of off the top of my head. search around a bit youll find what youre looking for.

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea I saw a few places that did it, but I was wondering who does the best work for the least $$$. I am also willing to buy a VERY GOOD CONDITION stock motor/tranny.

any comments on that bit?

·
Turtle Racer
16,058 Posts
^ definately. i thin kthey sell jdm longblocks for 1500. stroker motors, and rebuilt ones with cp pistons, only catch is you need to send the core to him to get it at those prices (cept for the jdm longblock)

ATS sells a forged shortblock for upwards of 2500 but no need for a core though

and chrisK's...well he can build whatever you want and would need.

·
Registered
365 Posts
John S might sell his 2.2 stroker built by kris K owner of engine logics

he would want around 5k, but the engine was almost 10k to have done......his car got totaled.....

hit me a pm if you are intrested

david

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
What is your budget and what type of power are you looking for?
If you want 250-350 rwhp, consider a gen3 longblock swap.
If you want more than that, consider a built motor. I would put ATS high on that list.
If you don't want more than a decent usable longblock, search the sale forums. I have one I would sell, and there are many others there. You should be able to get one for less than $1k shipped.
Also telling your area would help us steer you toward a local shop, if one exists.

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
Josh at www.chicoraceworks.com has probably been the friendliest vendor to order from in my experience, he seems to be the most flexible. His pricing for a built longblock are about the same as ATS. But ultimately, I think the biggest factor will be who is closest to you. Also, IIRC, The ChicoRaceWorks longblocks come with all the pumps and everything already installed.

ATSRacing and Engine Logics are I believe both in Texas (E.L. in Houston I think, and ATS is in Denton), ChicoRaceworks is in Chico, California. Those are the major US builders that are active on the board that I know of off the top of my head.

But if you are just wanting a built longblock, then you cant go wrong with either ATS or CRW.

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Im in san diego. I guess for now, I will stick with my stock motor and work up the turbo parts. If I ever blow this one though, you can bet CRW is top on my list. thanks guys, ill go update my profile now.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts