MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to lower my Mr2. Its a 91 turbo everything is stock. I just wanted to know what was the most it can be lowered before having to change parts other than the springs. I found an Eibach kit that drops it 1" but a couple of friends with lowered cars said this wouldn't even make a noticeable difference. The thing is all there cars rims are on horrible angles that are eating up the inside of there tires. Any suggestions would help. Thanks

·
Registered
811 Posts
-I think it makes a big difference, my car is dropped 1" and it sits low to the ground. MR2's are not like civics where the ride height is high to begin with. I never scrape anything when going over bumps or pulling into parking lots.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
mine is dropped an inch with st springs but they have about an inch left of wheel gap. it does make a difference but i think another .5 inch would be good. you should always change out your struts to performance ones when you lower your car cause you'll end up blowing out your stock ones if they aren't gone already.

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
A 1" drop makes a noticeable difference. :)

I have Sportline springs, which are advertised as 1.6", and the car sits very low, and appears significantly lower than stock.

·
Registered
3,729 Posts
i think the 91 and 93 have different suspensions so if you drop a 91 it will look lower than a 93.. if you drop a 93 it will look just a tad lower. If your dropping your 91, 1.5inch is a good height to go, tein s-tech springs are oaround that height. Eibach sportlines I think drop 2" (prokit drops 1"?)

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My struts are only about two years old do you think I would still need to change them if I go with the 1.5 inch drop? Will that mess up my alignment and cause uneven tire wear? Also what kind of prices are you guys paying for these kits.

·
Registered
4,918 Posts
most springs cost anywhere from $180-230 usually, from what I've seen. Struts are about $300 or so. I can't remember, it's been a while since I looked for that combo.

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
a member on this board pointed out that s.techs are going for like.. 140 on ebay.. not individual sellers, but the shops that have the "buy it now" thing.

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
Check out the stickies in the Suspension Section. Afaik, the Eibach Prokits are the only aftermarket springs which the manuf. says are ok for use with stock strut cartridges. Also, vist the autox faq for info. on using crash bolts to dial in your camber after you have lowered it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts