MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello, I have an aw11 and s13. s13 so easy to drift.....thats my daily drifter and my aw11 is my drift/autox/sunday whip! my aw11 has sum down time right now(20v 4ag swap) so im drifting the s13 for now! its has tein s-tech springs and agx shox, sliding on falken tires! any1 else got a daily drift machine?>

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
i have a lightly modded 96 s14 SE thats fun to throw around.

kyb agx
whiteline springs
tein tension rods
jic carbon fiber rear strut brace
cusco front strut brace
injen intake with cold air extension
stainless brake lines
cusco subframe bushings
cusco ebrake knob
momo shift knob

·
Registered
1,237 Posts

my\mybrother\buddies 78 280z. not the greatest though for drifting. grips too much, but worked pretty good at the last drift day :) not a daily driver though...not exactly street legal

andrew

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
moo2t said:
s14...mostly susp mods...<--NEED DIFF!!!
weld it! it sucks for daily driving, but for drifting, you'll wonder why you waited so long to do it!

and its not that hard to swap out diffs. if i know there's no event coming up, i slap the open diff back on.

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
NICE WHIPS!
92 240sx
custom intake/custom magnaflow exhaust
10mm magnecor racing wires (lol)
trust shifter
falken tires(love these-have em on the mr2 also)
shift boot and ebrake boot from redline(lol)
tein s-tech springs
KYB agx shox
painted the roof black (lol)
rockin the steelies!!!!
lets get slidewwayz!!!

·
Registered
457 Posts
appleburger said:
weld it! it sucks for daily driving, but for drifting, you'll wonder why you waited so long to do it!

and its not that hard to swap out diffs. if i know there's no event coming up, i slap the open diff back on.
yeah, i was gonna get a spare one i had welded, but unfortunately, an upcoming event was cancelled...so i figure that i wouldnt have to waste tires or call for attention by chirping just yet...all in due time...

ive also been prowling for a used mechanical or torsen type forever...planning on hitting the mountains too so im a little uneasy about the welded...we'll see which comes first...

·
Registered
4,600 Posts
appleburger said:
i LOOOOVVVVEEEE 240 and 280z's!!!! i will own one one day i swear!
I second that! Only I have to have a 240Z; I will settle for nothing heavier (280Z/ZX).

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
actually if you can go with a clutch diff, i'd rock that......to me the welded diff is a little iffy, but thats me. works great for road racing though.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
moo2t...I figure cause i've used it for both. Driving it on the road course, you're not doing things that intentionally upset the cars handeling. When I would hit the proper slip angle through a turn the car felt natural and predictable. Now when doing more aggressive\intentional drifting at the last drift day, the car felt very unpredictable after the rear end got to a certain point.

however like all things, you have to take into account....Tires, camber, caster, tire pressure, track temp, how the cars running, familiarity with the car\track...all that stuff.

Is the welded diff better than open diff for drifting...heck yeah. Would I take a welded diff over a 2 way clutch...nope, but thats just me.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
infinitezero said:
Is the welded diff better than open diff for drifting...heck yeah. Would I take a welded diff over a 2 way clutch...nope, but thats just me.
i don't think anyone in their right mind would take a welded over a 2 way. but 2 way's cost upwards of $1k generally and a welded costs ~$50. and since the majority of drifters are broke and spend what little money they have on tires, that seems to be the popluar solution.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts