MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pick up 2 kits last night at 11 PM. I was amaze to find they're still up packing the kit ready to ship....

To make it short.

Quality: EXELLENT

Customer service: GREAT and Friendly

Price: YOU CAN"T BEAT IT.

that all i can say

·
Registered
4,367 Posts
Isaw the product. I like it a lot.. Looks really nice and well fabricated. Customer service is great.. David.. you should have just picked it up.. i told you too and u said ehh....

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
I just installed mine! IT IS AWESOME! I had a few personal problems while installing it, you know leaks for not tighting the couplers tight enough but theres nothing wrong with the product. I REALLY can tell the differences from stock, on thrid gear it pulls strong and all the way! I couldnt install the new fan because of the shroud, but i bet it will feel even better when its on. However, i tried using the stock fan but the harness doesnt reach the plug, so dont even bother using the stock fan and wait to install the one provided with the kit. Craftmanship and welds are perfect, piping and couplers great. the hardest part was unstalling the stock intercooler. Im really satisfied with the product and thanks again to Bryan for all the help and excellent customer service!

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
has anyone tried this with the TRD brace yet??? i need to know if its going to fit.

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
yes, but im just skeptical. if these are exact copies of the greddy pipes, i dont see how it would fit. he said he would test it for me, but i havent heard anything yet.

·
Registered
444 Posts
picked up mine on sat and finished install last night...great product and fitment was precise...really well made kit...i have a trd x brace and it does clear...great customer service...thanks bryan

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
so, any other impressions on this kit??

·
rxxxdruggist said:
picked up mine on sat and finished install last night...great product and fitment was precise...really well made kit...i have a trd x brace and it does clear...great customer service...thanks bryan
Good to hear about the TRD X brace fitting.. think i'm gonna have to pick one of those up too... :thumbup

·
Registered
637 Posts
I installed it the day I picked it up ;) Ive noticed a huge change on how the turbo spools. As soon as it hits around 3,400 the rpms just keep going. Im boosting at 15psi right now and man let me tell you it feels nice on the freeways :) The install was quick and easy and it also makes the engine compartment look great ;) Id have to say this is the best upgrade ive made so far.

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
Put the kit in. Tight fit and pretty clean install.
I am not impressed with the fan.
Block off shroud is not fancy but looks like an almost perfect fit.
Did anyone get directions? For someone doing this the first time it would be nice to know the order of pipes and couplers without playing engine bay Tetris. Also hints on getting everything lined up, best order to install hoses to get a good seal without a struggle etc.
Quality of pipes, core and couplers looks very good.
Clamps are also not impressing me. I hope that they are holding tight enough. I may upgrade those also.
Can't beat it for the cost. Even if I throw the fan and the clamps away, it was still a a bargain.
I am not trying to be a jerk here. Let me make it clear that I would still buy one of these again it $450, at $500 or even at $600(I think thats the current price), but if you wanted to know what my thoughts were, there they are.
A great value. Buy one if you need an upgrade. Pay the money to have a pro install it, if you don't know what you are doing. It will still be cheaper than a Greddy without install!

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
91Deuce said:
I installed it the day I picked it up ;) Ive noticed a huge change on how the turbo spools. As soon as it hits around 3,400 the rpms just keep going. Im boosting at 15psi right now and man let me tell you it feels nice on the freeways :) The install was quick and easy and it also makes the engine compartment look great ;) Id have to say this is the best upgrade ive made so far.
I second you man! :thumbup :smile:

·
Registered
8,149 Posts
mr2by4 said:
Put the kit in. Tight fit and pretty clean install.
I am not impressed with the fan.
Can you explain this? I was considering buying two of them from Berk for a custom topmount I'm making.. at 850cfm.. that's some pretty decen airflow. And the fan is reversable for pusher/puller duties. I think he said $50/ea. or something really cheap.

What was your issue?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Got mine today. The kit looks great. Not sure what the fan issue Mr2by4 mentioned is, it looks pretty much like the spal I had before just a little bigger. I was surprised by how heavy the core is, must be because it's a bar/plate design. The couplers are thick, the clamps are pretty nice, not t-bolts but good hose clamps. The couplers are a very tight fit on the two long pipes, those seem to be a little bit bigger in diameter than the elbows and the IC inlets. I'm still waiting for the fan shroud which should be coming seperately.

Overall this was an absolute steal for $450 shipped, glad I jumped on the first group buy. :thumbup

1 - 20 of 80 Posts