MR2 Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys i am going to be changing the alt belt within the next few days, and also removing the ac on my car b/c it doesn't work and they want so much to make it work so i don't see a purpose to get it fixed since i just use this car as a run around car since it was already in a wreck and i will continue to use it as a daily driver. Anyway onto why i started this thread. I was wondering what belt you guys would suggust i use for my alt belt and if you guys had any suggustions to where not to get the belt or which belt you guys have found is the best one and any precautions i should watch out for in that belt or seals or anything. Also with removing the AC system???

·
Registered
2,905 Posts
Any good quality alt belt will be find from Autozone. Just unbolt the ac compressor and disconnect ac lines at the compressor.(tape the openings closed on the ac lines) Remove ac. Very easy projects for the DIYer. Pick-up a Haynes manual as well.

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah i have the BGB and a Haynes i find it always easier to read over them noth before doing it then i don't have to keep going back out and looking at the books. Would it be worth going the extra mile and going with the Toyota Belt or do you think the Autozone one will be fine

1 - 3 of 3 Posts