MR2 Owners Club Forum banner
41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
AW11b - 4AGE - C161 6speed trans
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
Your work is truly inspiring. Thanks for sharing!

I did the antenna delete as well, I don't mind the remote control car look but the thing is always in the way.
Thanks man. Happy to share! These kind words are what makes me happy to post the updates.
I have to be honest that this wouldn't be possible at all without my father. He's the mechanic with lots and lots of experience. For my, it's only my first serious project, and I have much to learn.

I never listen to the normal radio, not even in my daily, so I figured I wouldn't need the antenea.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
I have another awesome update!

The first part in dark blue pearl (8E3) is a fact! We sprayed the frunk ourselves ... because, well, it's a frunk.
We'll also be painting the trunk and the engine compartements by ourselves. Maybe some other non-visible parts as well.
The exterior of the car will go to a bodyshop.

This is the first time I saw the colour in good condition in person. I have seen a really faded car in 8E3 and I saw many pictures of it and it seemed a super nice colour.
Now I have seen it in person I'm so happy I went with it. No picture can capture how nice it is. It's a dark blue in the shadow, but when it gets some light, it comes to life in an amazing way!

Anyway, here's some pics:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Glad to hear your comments about the blue. I keep waffling back and forth about what to do with my car. Either respray in the original beige or switch to my favourite OEM AW11 colour (that blue) or do something completely different like Porsche Amethyst or Platinum or some other colour like Acura Brooklands green or a Lexus colour.

My car has a crappy, dull respray and I've never seen the original colour on another car. I don't know if it "pops" when in good condition so that is driving thinking about other colours. I kind of like the colour but it wouldn't have been my first choice. Would another OEM AW11 colour help value as these cars appreciate or maybe it doesn't matter? Dunno. I do really like these cars in the original blue.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
Glad to hear your comments about the blue. I keep waffling back and forth about what to do with my car. Either respray in the original beige or switch to my favourite OEM AW11 colour (that blue) or do something completely different like Porsche Amethyst or Platinum or some other colour like Acura Brooklands green or a Lexus colour.
Only thing I can say is that this colour looks amazing.
I would understand you going for the original colour because of its rarity, but you should ask yourself if you really like it. If you do, well, go for it.
The porche colours look amazing, but I would only go for them if the MR2 isn't too original anymore.
Is it your car to have fun in, go wild. Is it a restoration-piece, stick to OEM colours. That's my take on things, but since it's not my car, it's entirely up to you ofcourse.

... I love this thread - Sammy, '88 Supercharged
Thanks man, means a lot to me!

41 - 46 of 46 Posts