MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a sony HU w/ 6 1/2 4 ways in the doors and 6x9 4 ways in boxes behind the seats of my 91. I need (want) deeper bass. I dont want a complicated system of amps, crossovers and lots of wires.
Does anyone think that an ( one ) 8 inch self amplified bazooka tube in the front trunk next to the spare tire would work? Anyone tried this or have this type configuration w/ a sub in the front? Will the bass make its way into the cockpit?

·
Registered
731 Posts
i came to own the mr2 from a civic hatfch and a 240sx hatch...both of which i ran 12s in. I thought since the mr2 has a small cabin I'd be happy with the bass from the bazooka tube. I was nowhere near happy. It sucks man..i tried the bazooka then i went and looked in the the kenwood self powered cuz like you i wanted something easy and quick..both did not work out..so i ended up getting a 10 and a good amp. My car hits hard. I need deep bass that I can feel. I dont need earth shattering, but if you're gonna add a sub It needs to do a god job filling in..I"d say stay away.

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
drew0010 said:
i came to own the mr2 from a civic hatfch and a 240sx hatch...both of which i ran 12s in. I thought since the mr2 has a small cabin I'd be happy with the bass from the bazooka tube. I was nowhere near happy. It sucks man..i tried the bazooka then i went and looked in the the kenwood self powered cuz like you i wanted something easy and quick..both did not work out..so i ended up getting a 10 and a good amp. My car hits hard. I need deep bass that I can feel. I dont need earth shattering, but if you're gonna add a sub It needs to do a god job filling in..I"d say stay away.
Exactly my problem I hate my Bazooka :mad: I'm puting 2 10" on friday

1 - 4 of 4 Posts