MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 20 of 104 Posts

·
Registered
6,964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1030333

JM530 said:
I just got off the phone with Maleesa, and it is believed that Chee has passed away while on vacation with his family in Brazil. Apparently, he was swimming off the coast and was carried under by a large wave. The lifeguard and his sister attempted to find him and were unable to do so. It has been over three days and still nothing. At this point in time, they are strictly looking to "recover" him as they do not believe he survived.

More details will be posted with regard to funeral arrangements. Maleesa wanted me to post this so that all his friends would be notified of what is going on.

I still can't believe this has happened. I just saw him a few weeks ago...
Man, Chee was a great guy, super nice! i got my CT20B and my suspension from him.

RIP

Check that thread for more info. . .

wow, i'm shocked and saddened here, typing away in tears for a lost friend.

edit: updated info/bad news:

BrianH said:
Hey Everyone,

I just got off the telephone with Maleesa and I wish I had better news, but unfortunately our worst fears have been confirmed as they found Chee's body today. A funeral will still be a ways out, as I'm sure there's a lot of red tape around the processes which bring people who pass on outside of the US back in to the US. I will notify everyone as I find out more about a service for him.

Maleesa wanted me to extend her thanks to you all for your positive messages and for the support that you've given her through your words written here. She told me that she let their oldest son read some of the messages written here and it was really helping him out as well. IMO the words here really are helping her to realize just how much her husband touched peoples lives, and just how great of a person he was.

Also, I have their home address and Maleesa told me that she's going to be there for quite a while. If you want it to stop by please message me or call me at 3122820078 and I will give you the address. If you are planning on stopping by a few things to consider are that 1.) there likely is a lot of food there already, if you're going to bring food or anything by try and bring stuff that can stay for an extended period of time. 2.) Their son Bailee(S?) turned six years old today. I belive their other two children are ~3(Heidee) and ~9(CeeJay).

I intend on swinging by the house tommorow afternoon.
gxiong said:
Funeral arrangements have been scheduled for July 7; 2-9pm (visitation) and July 8; 9-12 (visitation) - 1-5pm (service).

Malone Funeral Home
324 East State Street
Geneva, IL 60134
(630) 232-8233
Fax: (630) 232-8243

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
My condolences, never met him, but from what i gather he was a great guy. My deepest regards, this is truely sad news.

Greg.

·
Registered
5,312 Posts
My condolences to his friends and family. my prayers go out to all that new him well, and that were friends w/ him through this board.

i bought some items from him last year. i didn't know much at all about him, but this is still saddening.

Peace brother and may god be w/ you always!

·
Registered
6,964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
SimpleMan said:
??!?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?! no............
sadly yes Mike.

That NASIOC thread will have the most accurate info, so check there.

If I hear of anything important, I'll post it here.

All day my thoughts and prays have been Chee and the family he leaves behind. The poor children too! (2 boys and a girl, all very cute!)

Rest in Peace my friend. . .

·
Registered
839 Posts
unbelievable. i just asked about him the other day in another post. my deepest condolences to his family and friends. one of the nicest mr2 owners i've had a chance to meet.

randy

·
Registered
5,843 Posts
Talent said:
That is tragic. I only got to meet Chee a few times and he was a really nice guy. Maybe we can send some flowers to his family on behalf of the MR2 community.
Would you be intrested in getting a price together for the midwest group to send.

My condolenses

·
Registered
6,964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Talent said:
That is tragic. I only got to meet Chee a few times and he was a really nice guy. Maybe we can send some flowers to his family on behalf of the MR2 community.

this is a good idea, however, I think a fund for his 3 kids might be a better way of showing our support to the family.

I'll see if I can talk to the subaru guys and see what they have planned (I think it was mentioned in their post) and let you guys know.

I'll donate $100 to the fund from my "fix my MR2 fund" that I have set aside. . .

1 - 20 of 104 Posts