MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,626 Posts
Yeah - I think you've got me by about a year, IIRC. ;)

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
I think the Krylon and Jed Clampet awards are my only shots. What's the James Bond award?

I might have to rig up a smoke screen and go for a 1-2-3 sweep.

·
Registered
422 Posts
What, no award for rusty rear quarters? Since I can't win that do I leave my stock exhaust on with the holes in the muffler and pipes, with my flex pipe that has lost all the steel weaving and go for the Jed Clampet award. It is quite loud and annoying.
Or make a new really wild exhaust and go for the best exhaust. Ah hell, I never win anything at Mr2 meets so I don't think it will matter.

Joe

·
Registered
68 Posts
What about the Elise and Celica All track AutoX awards...
I have to see an Elise in a Solo2....

And it will be a free for all in each Mk, without counting prep level?
I guess so, or there will be a ton of hardware to hand out.....

·
Two 2s - 93T, 88 SC
2,965 Posts
Yes, that would add a few awards, but would be more apples to apples. The MR2s run in ES, CS, BS, CSP, ASP, and SM2. I hardly ever see any in prepared or modified classes. And the new STS2 class doesn't seem to be drawing many MKI NAs in. You could run the All-Tracs in ES and force the Elise into ASP or SM2 and that would only give you 6 classes. Or maybe it is a matter of even combining a few of those and you could have ES/CS, BS, CSP, ASP/SM2. And maybe add a street tire class - STS2 and allow people in that with cars that would normally run in CS or ES that are running on street tires (except Azenis) to run in it. 5 awards wouldn't be too bad. That would give more people a chance.

John
93T, 88 SC

·
Registered
68 Posts
jeebert2 said:
Yes, that would add a few awards, but would be more apples to apples. The MR2s run in ES, CS, BS, CSP, ASP, and SM2. I hardly ever see any in prepared or modified classes. And the new STS2 class doesn't seem to be drawing many MKI NAs in. You could run the All-Tracs in ES and force the Elise into ASP or SM2 and that would only give you 6 classes. Or maybe it is a matter of even combining a few of those and you could have ES/CS, BS, CSP, ASP/SM2. And maybe add a street tire class - STS2 and allow people in that with cars that would normally run in CS or ES that are running on street tires (except Azenis) to run in it. 5 awards wouldn't be too bad. That would give more people a chance.

John
93T, 88 SC
That's the break down I came up with too... We would have a big class in CSP with the Mk1NA/SC with the Mk2NA though....
Some great action there....
Then PAX them all at the end for overall bragging rights....

·
Master of Twos R Us
21,767 Posts
You guys are giving this too much thought. We're going to have to tally awards for the show and shine, autocross and drags by the banquet Friday night. There's no way we can PAX the runs in the time we have.

The autox is for fun. If you win a trophy, you were really fast...if you don't, you had a lot of fun. M'kay? :)

·
Premium Member
14,333 Posts
David Hawkins said:
You guys are giving this too much thought. We're going to have to tally awards for the show and shine, autocross and drags by the banquet Friday night. There's no way we can PAX the runs in the time we have.

The autox is for fun. If you win a trophy, you were really fast...if you don't, you had a lot of fun. M'kay? :)
Really now. Crazy autocross rule monkeys...

·
Registered
68 Posts
but....but.... solo2 guys love being rule lawyers.... it's part of the sport [;)]

·
Registered
5,236 Posts
Why stick with scca classes? I'm assuming there's going to be a lot of under-experienced drivers and under-prepped cars running, so why not just divide it into normally aspirated and turbo/all-trac/elise if anything at all?

And if we get complicated with Paxing there is a way to get everything calculated instantaneously. Here the results (paxed and net) are updated real time each run with the software we use, when it works...

·
Stealth Moderator
1,284 Posts
I would recommend dropping the MKI, MKII, and MKIII autocross trophies and make it top 3 MR2s times. Ignore the mods. No classing rules. But keep it to MR2s. Maybe even top 5 times. If you make it into the top cars, good for you.
There is more difference because of driver, than there is because of model year of the car.

I would recommend excluding the Elise and let the Elise Club (CLub111) score the Elise results separately.

·
Administrator
42,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
That is what we figured Randy.

Like we have said over and over somewhere around here... all of these rules are not final until after the event :)
just kidding... but they are still being revised, so hang with us.

I would love to PAX, but we probably wont have the manpower to do that.
But hey, you never know.

How about stock vs not stock??? During Tech, you will be given a S or a X on the window. That will signify what class. Stock is stock. We know what is stock and what is not.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Stock and Prep classes for each Mk would be great.
There is alot of difference between a stock MR2 and one with some prep done.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts