MR2 Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1988 AW11 with around 150,000 miles on it and 2nd, 4th, and reverse won't stay in gear and looking at the repair manual it says I need to inspect it for wear. I am not very experienced in this field and need some help. I am willing to do the work myself but need help with parts source or where I can have it done. I live in kansas. If you have any questions ask and if you have any information it is greatly appriceated.

· Registered
2,188 Posts
Here's a collection of parts diagrams for your car. Covers almost every transmission part. Unfortunately there is a lot of NLA and Discontinued in there. Maybe it might be possible to do an internals swap from a more recent C-series?

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Here's a collection of parts diagrams for your car. Covers almost every transmission part. Unfortunately there is a lot of NLA and Discontinued in there. Maybe it might be possible to do an internals swap from a more recent C-series?

Thank you for the diagrams and I will look into the swap you are talking about and see if I can find more information.

· Registered
2,188 Posts
Thank you for the diagrams and I will look into the swap you are talking about and see if I can find more information.
The six-speed conversions putting C60 internals into the C52 case were all the rage years ago. There is a lot of info on doing this here on this forum.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts