MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am curious if there is an ongoing thread of just the NA aw11 engine pics. i really want to see how other people's engine look. i've done a couple searches, mk1, aw11 and couldn't find much pics of engine. i am mostly looking for engine pics and want to see any pic people have of their aw11s their interior or exterior, etc etc.. i am looking to buy one and just looking for pointers.

i saw a thread, and wanted to tag, but it was closed, it has some nice pics..

thanks..

·
Registered
250 Posts
If your talking about the pipe in the bottom left hand corner, its just the standard intake, goes into the boot (trunk) to the air filter then all the way round to the side vent

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i think if i pick one up, mines will look like that ^^ .. car im looking at has 110k... so ya..

·
Registered
166 Posts
HAHAHAHA

the the top two pics are before i started cleaning after my engine fire

the bottom two are of the scum taken off the cam covers (its like "omg they are not supposed to be black?") and with the new paint i put on them after i sanded them

and sadly that is my real motor :(

·
Registered
3,660 Posts
the afm is a little differently angled, has a filter and such now.. but otherwise looks about the same.

i'd take pics of my s/c, but there's so much snow in the engine compartment now, you couldn't see the motor. hehe.. maybe i should.

·
Premium Member
16,626 Posts
Just remember, it's a functional race car, not a show car . . .. ;)

·
Burbank's fastest AW11
14,473 Posts
I must say that there are a few messy looking engines, but the clean ones are great to look at.

Peace-

1 - 20 of 48 Posts