MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, I was curious as to where to purchase fire extinguishers that bolt anywhere to the car such as the A-pillar. I saw an integra, tricked out 240z and a civic drive by with a silver one bolted onto the A-pillar and thought it was pretty neat. How much do they cost? Thanks

·
Registered
897 Posts
Please don't mount it to the A pillar of your MR2. In my opinion, A pillar mounted extinguishers are frowned upon. but suits oneself, do what ever you want.

·
Registered
4,990 Posts
Mounted on the A-Pillar is just plain rice. Might as well add an APC fart can, a bunch of NOS stickers and some neon lighting below your car. Please do not do it.

Not to mention imagine getting in a wreck? If it's not secured right you might be knocked out by it. Last thing you'll remember is "Arrg!!! ....ooo shiny".

·
Registered
451 Posts
+1 on the First Alert aerosol cans.

Be wary of mounting it near the rear firewall. Someone on the board had an engine fire and the rear wall gets quite hot and flamey, he was barely able to reach the extinguisher mounted beck there...

·
Premium Member
2,522 Posts
K0ukiM0nster said:
hey guys, I was curious as to where to purchase fire extinguishers that bolt anywhere to the car such as the A-pillar. I saw an integra, tricked out 240z and a civic drive by with a silver one bolted onto the A-pillar and thought it was pretty neat. How much do they cost? Thanks
I have a blitz fire extinguisher I'd be willing to sell if your interested.

I have 1 signed by the monkey man and 1 still wrapped. Both brand new.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts