MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am sure somewhere on these forums the is information on the differences between mk1 automatic transmissions but I cant seem to find it.
I have my new GRM 2007 challenge car in work at this time.
1 being an 86 automatic n/a engine and the actual race car is the 88 s/c automatic.
I want to find as much information on these two transmissions as I can.
IE does the s/c trans come with LSD or not? Please excuse my lack of knowledge on this topic and I would appreciate all information you can provide. Or links to this information will do too.
Thank you for your time

·
Premium Member
16,626 Posts
No USDM MkI came with a LSD - regardless of year or transmission. I am not aware of even an aftermarket LSD that was made for the A-240 (N/A) or A-241 (S/C) transaxle - ever.

It MAY be possible to adapt an aftermarket one from a C-52 or E-51 manual transaxle - but I've never had an A-24x apart, so I don't know how similar the differentials are to the manual ones.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ToyotaTechGeek said:
need a MkI SC auto trans? i can sell you one...
As of right now I dont know if mine is any good yet but if I need one I will keep you in mind

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ToyotaTechGeek said:
are you in sebastian as in sebastian inlet? i surfed there once...

anyway, cool. keep me in-mind!
Yeah that would be the inlet. I thought about surfing there too but at 41 I am in fear of pain.

[ quote= carolina new be ] hay geek will that sc auto tranny fit a 86 na ? i am gonna need a auto tranny for my 86 and i have that low milage 87 manual tranny from a na mr2

I may be selling the auto trans out of the 86 n/a if I find that it is good. Iwill sell it with axels if you want.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts