MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Iv'e recently been debating on what engine swap I should do. I chose 1mzfe with e153 because it was the cheapest swap I could do with a budget of 4k. Camrys are the way to go with the swap because of how cheap they are and you can just pick what you need out of them. I've found three manual 97-01 Camrys for 2-1.2k, but I've found over 20 97-01 atomatic Camrys for 400 dollars and are just as healthy. Here are a couple of questions regarding if I can use the automatic Camry.

1. Is everything I need in the automatic Camry that would be in manual Camry for me to swap 1mzfe into my 1991 N/A?

2. I'm gonna be using 89-93 e153. Do I need anything from Camry to make tranny work... Senors,etc?

3. I've heard that the wiring harness is diffrent. What do I need to make it work? Also I'm sending it of to woodssport or wire gap will they do an automatic wire harness and ECU?

4.is there any thing I'm missing? Just tell me.

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
1.Yes
2.No
3.If you send it to one of those guys you'll get back a plug an play harness and you won't have to think about it ever. Don't stress about wiring if you are getting it done by one of those guys.
4.I'm not a V6 pro but I'm sure there is plenty you need. Until you start the swap you might not find out you need something until you get to that point. Even doing 3S swaps which I am familiar with, there are always things we miss and each car is unique with parts it has or hasn't got or what is damaged and needs replaced.

Based on the amount of questions you have it sounds like getting someone else to do the swap will end up being better for you as they will know what to do. But I suspect your budget only extends as far as buying parts and even then it might not be enough.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So will wood sport or wire gap do an automatic camera wiring harness. I've only heard of them doing manuals

·
Premium Member
4,005 Posts
I think the gender changed ECUs still need to be used with AFR sensors instead of O2 sensors. Jason knows all the details (@Jason.MZW20 ). That would affect the wiring.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts