MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well back in probably november the motor went in my gfs 87, I switched it out with a good 86 I had and had nothing but problems getting it to run, well I finally got fed up with it and left it alone for 2 months and got back to it yesterday well within about 20 mins I got it running was running pretty good but my timing is off slightly, well I drove it up the road to get gas and it was fine, but on the way back it didnt want to shift into the last gear and then it finally did. So I got back and went to back up and it wont go in reverse, but before I ran it up the road in I went forward and backed up a hundred times and it seems to be delaying before going into forwards. This trans was completly fine before we swapped the motor, anybody have any suggestions? Could it just be the valve body sticking in the trans?

·
Premium Member
1,802 Posts
Check your tranny fluid level. . . and your kick-down cable. If the cable is stretched taut, it may be causing the ECU to think you don't want to shift yet. Not sure how that would affect reverse though.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Fluid level is fine, I will take anothe look at the kickdown, it seemed fine but maybe I need to go in for a better look.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts