MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking at it today on their site and found that it has a nice design like most DP's and a fairly decient price for a 3" which is what i want.

the only thing that i may question is the flanges...now from what i saw they look fairly thick but thats not whats bothering me....if you look at the flanges youll see that where you put the bolt through its not a full circle(you guys know what i mean?)...its like its been cut through (if you dont know what i mean look at the site)...well i was wondering if that will hold up??

also who here is running it or was running it...can i get some opinions on it(quality) of it.

thanks a bunch.

·
Registered
824 Posts
-I've had an Aussie 3" DP on for several months and love it. It was a flawless fit, and excellent build quality. After I got it on, throttle response was fantastic! Getting rid of that crappy, restrictive primary cat and elbow, was a blessing.
-I know what you mean about the bolt holes being notched out, it does appear odd; but I've yet to hear any problems/concerns with the design, and haven't had any problems myself.
-The only side note, is that I had to slightly notch my turbo heat shield, for the 02 sensor to stick out. But it was no big deal.
-Final thought: Get One!

·
Registered
415 Posts
I have heard and the keyword being HEARD that if i was to take the cat off and replace it with a Aussie or something similar on my Rev3/Gen3 that i would lose torque is this true, As although BHP is important it's just a figure to me and i care more for Torque.

Yours

Jason

·
Registered
421 Posts
My bolt holes are not notched. I have to agree that the workmanship is first rate. The increase in performance was dramatic. Well worth the money.

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
I have an aussie 3" with the high temp coating. The pipe is of awesome quality. Install was easy. No probles with anything and it made a big difference in my mr2. I'll be sad when I have to give it up for my SB kit this spring.

It was well worth the extra money for the aussie and the service was fast for coming from Australia.

·
Registered
824 Posts
JC_UK said:
I have heard and the keyword being HEARD that if i was to take the cat off and replace it with a Aussie or something similar on my Rev3/Gen3 that i would lose torque is this true, As although BHP is important it's just a figure to me and i care more for Torque.

Yours

Jason
-I've also heard that too, but will have to say I did not notice any type of decrease, anywhere; after installing my Aussie 3". The engine just breaths sooo much better, revs quicker, spools up faster, pulls harder with crisper throttle response; I can only speak for my but dyno.
-With my Aussie 3", it just made my '2' that much more fun to drive!

·
Registered
415 Posts
motoman: Thank you for your input. I was very skeptical about the claim that a DP reduced Torque, but had to check first before i move on and install a DP.

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
mr2bats said:
I have an aussie 3" with the high temp coating. The pipe is of awesome quality. Install was easy. No probles with anything and it made a big difference in my mr2. I'll be sad when I have to give it up for my SB kit this spring.

It was well worth the extra money for the aussie and the service was fast for coming from Australia.

can i get get it off you????

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
final words: im getting one.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
JC_UK said:
motoman: Thank you for your input. I was very skeptical about the claim that a DP reduced Torque, but had to check first before i move on and install a DP.
The DP adds torque:

1. Increases boost level by 1 - 3 psi.
2. Turbo spools faster due to less restriction.

Have you ever seen what happens when you try to run 20+ psi on a ct26 or ct20b? The torque shoots way up in the mid range and then decreases rapidly to redline (due to boost dropping to 8 psi and stock cams). This is because of all that boost you run in the midrange. Boost will drive your torque numbers up.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts