MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:banghead:
I wrecked my MR2!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

Alright, so I rear ended a chick in a Civic. Minimal damage to her car, but my front end is &%^#ed up. I priced out some of the OEM parts over at McGeorge Toyota, and they gave me good prices for the hood and front bumper; about $420 all together for that. But that's just the obvious stuff. I called their body shop to set up an appointment for a free estimate, so that's taken care of.

So my question is this: Should I take it to the McGeorge body shop, or somewhere else? I won't be getting any insurance money. Mike, do you do body work? I can't remember if you just do paint or what. I'd appreciate if you could give me a call sometime (8048557058), I'd like to have you take a look at it.

Thanks for any help and advice you can give.

·
2 less in Richmond.
20,801 Posts
:lol:... I bet not. I am glad to have been able to help some.

·
Premium Member
952 Posts
the free estimate will jsut tell you the obvious stuff. once they get you to say yeah go ahead and fix it. they might find other things broken . like clips or braces bent or some things you might never think of. then it might go up higher. if you can go to that toyota place and ask for a printout og the front end blown up (with all the parts behind the bumper and stuff) so you could get a idea how much it is if the other parts are broke or bent.

·
Registered
309 Posts
damn aaron sorry to hear.. hope its not too bad and taht ur all right..

if it helps u out u can get my front bumper off me since im gettin my new one on soon..

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
dendogg420 said:
damn aaron sorry to hear.. hope its not too bad and taht ur all right..

if it helps u out u can get my front bumper off me since im gettin my new one on soon..
hmm... that'd be cool I think. What year is it again? And yeah, I'm fine, the car still runs fine, just looks a little messed up.

·
Registered
213 Posts
What we need is an Amish style MR2 razing to do the cosmetic restoration of this kid's car. Denny brings the front bumper, Chris brings the tools, Mike brings the paint, Aaron gets the lip and the hood, (and the beer). We all wait for a warm spring day and we have the car back on the road the next day. :bigthumb:

·
2 less in Richmond.
20,801 Posts
:lol:.....hahahah. Thats the funniest thing i have heard all year.

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
i have two OEM hoods available in great shape both are in my garage if you want to take a look. one is aquamarine pearl the other Toyota red. if you need one I will sell one to you cheap as long as you pick it up. also if you need other body parts, before you buy anything, let me know what you need. i have a "connection" so to speak. i have done a hell of a lot of business with an out of state Toyota dealer but he gives me 25% off and free shipping. so tell me the exact parts you need and the prices they are giving you, make sure it is OEM stuff, and then I will call my guy and see if we cant do even better. i have to order some more stuff so now would be a good time. don't worry too much, i am sure we will get you all fixed up in a jiffy!

v/r,
steven

[email protected]

·
Registered
213 Posts
8Legs said:
:lol:.....hahahah. Thats the funniest thing i have heard all year.
couple of chin hairs, a white shirt and suspenders and a paint brush......hmmmm the beer.......what to do with the beer.......:lol:

Thanks Mr2azzkicker.....we'll be in touch :)

·
2 less in Richmond.
20,801 Posts
batter some onion rings and some shrimp...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts