MR2 Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a freshly painted 1991 MR2 turbo with new black leather seat covers I need to sell. Since compression was low on one cylinder, I pulled the engine, but have decided to sell it as is. Please advise if I can offer it through the Atlanta chapter before I advertise it nationwide.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Interesting, could you post some pics on here please?
Dear Sir;
I am so grateful to be able to reach a contact at our Atlanta MR2 chapter after 3 years since buying my 1991 Turbo. I'm looking forward to making someone a deal. I would greatly appreciate a call from you at 470-357-9709. God bless you, and thank you in advance.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I smell a rat!
I smell a rat!
I appreciate your concern. I am a 77-year-old Christian man who refurbishes cars as a retirement hobby. I am interested in finding someone who has removed an MR2 motor, because I have decided it is too difficult for me and I want to hire him to dismantle the engine so I can have it rebuilt, then have him reinstall it. I have a reference of a Toyota technician who diagnosed the low compression cylinder earlier this year if that would be of help. As a member of the Atlanta MR2OC since March of 2019, I am willing to agree to whatever procedure would be required to prove the legitimacy of my offer. I live in Woodstock and would be glad to show the car to someone interested in making some money by completing the engine job. 470-357-9709

·
Premium Member
'91 MR2 Turbo, '20 BRZ
155 Posts
Too bad we're not closer (8hrs away) as I still help IMOC folk drop, tear-down, and rebuild MR2 engines occasionally. Dropping the engine isn't too bad, once you've done a few... especially if you go ahead and drop the rear suspension with it. Hope you can find a local MR2 / IMOC member to help!

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
In your first post you say that you want looking to sell it as is with the motor out of the car, but in your last post now you’re saying that you’re looking to hire someone to rebuild and install the motor back into mr2?
This doesn’t add up here

1 - 10 of 10 Posts