MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hay wasap everyone. i just got a greddy type s bov kit as a gift from my girlfriend, and when i was installing it i noticed there are 2 vacuum nippls..one big one that i had to screw into the bov, and a smaller one on the opposite side..i jus ran the vacum source to the bigger one and work perfect. but do i need to cap off the other nipple..? or wa do i do about that.?

thanx

Jason Mendieta :mj:

·
Registered
272 Posts
I have mine uncapped and my car runs fine, except for the occasional backfire . Some people have told me to close it off, but the instructions say it is not necessary.

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
yea, you dont need to, it doesnt do anything... just make sure you tune the type s right, so it doesnt make ur car idle all crappy

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
the smaller nipple on the back side can tee'd into a pressure source (like a hose from the wastegate to turbo)

if its tee'd into a pressure source the type S will react faster. I did this on mine and it works really well. I tee'd it into my MBC.

·
Registered
4,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
oo thanx alot guys.. helped alot.. but id need to use the stock check vlave if i decide to use both nipples..? jus like stock.?

thanx again
jason m

1 - 8 of 8 Posts