MR2 Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Turtle Racer
16,058 Posts
there's quite a number of people using ats' turbos. mr2modproject.com pat signorio has a tdo6 kit from them and posted up pics and etc on that page. as well as many people posting on this baord too. just search for them. the dyno section has a few ct27 pulls, the latest beeinga 312whp pull i believe. i do'nt know of many people on here with the tdo5 and i do'nt think anyone with o7 yet that has posted on this board AFAIK (since its the newest kit they put out)

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
I actualy got 320 rwhp on my ct27, but I am going to try to squeeze more out of it, now that I have 550cc injectors. I was running out of fuel before!
The CT27 is an awesome bolt in option. Their kits are VERY nice and the TD06 is a good step up if you want to see the other side of 300 rwhp without running high boost levels. Do a search & talk to Ken Blake. Good luck!

·
Registered
680 Posts
CT27

I bought a CT27 from ATS Racing to replace my CT20B. I provided a dyno comparing the performance between the two with the same mods and boost settings. Its on the forum somewhere, just do a search if you are interested. The skinny is: You will find the CT27 is at least as powerful as the CT20B if not better. I think it put out like 240rwhp at 15psi with a stock Intercooler.

Currently I'm working with ATS on some small issues, I'll let you guys know the outcome.

PEACE-

·
Registered
8,816 Posts
Haha, I thought I was going into this thread to read about bad things about our turbo kits.

Think of the TD06 as a reliable version of the Greddy T-67. It's almost the same turbo, except with a TD06H (high flow) turbine instead of the T-67's L2 turbine and a 10cm housing instead of the 8cm housing.

We have only dyno'd one and it wasn't exactly the same one we sell (it had the turbine wheel custom cut to fit a 10cm SH housing (smaller turbine diameter). This probably wreaks havoc on the turbines efficiency, however the results were great. I'll try to post graphs later today, but it made 394whp on 93 octane pump gas at 19 psi (built motor and John Reed/my's AEM tuning allowed it to run 19 psi on 93 octane).

Aaron

·
Registered
3,837 Posts
i have a ct27 and i got what i paid for. Great little turbo that put down almost 250rwhp on the dyno. After having it for about 7mo i wish i would have gone with something a little bigger. Recommend it to anyone wanting to pick up a little extra power. ATS will take care of you, just tell them your goals.

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ATSAaron said:
Haha, I thought I was going into this thread to read about bad things about our turbo kits.

Think of the TD06 as a reliable version of the Greddy T-67. It's almost the same turbo, except with a TD06H (high flow) turbine instead of the T-67's L2 turbine and a 10cm housing instead of the 8cm housing.

We have only dyno'd one and it wasn't exactly the same one we sell (it had the turbine wheel custom cut to fit a 10cm SH housing (smaller turbine diameter). This probably wreaks havoc on the turbines efficiency, however the results were great. I'll try to post graphs later today, but it made 394whp on 93 octane pump gas at 19 psi (built motor and John Reed/my's AEM tuning allowed it to run 19 psi on 93 octane).

Aaron
Hi Aaron,
you havn't shown me graphs, i really like to see one..i'm thinking about buying one from you guys...let me know how :thumbup

·
Turtle Racer
16,058 Posts
midnitblue2 said:
is there such thing as safe n reliable at 300 whp to 350 and with what kit (ny one from ats, this is a q for u)

also is there going to b any group buys for these kits?
300-350whp is reliable with any of them, if done right. which can be said for just about anything. obviously a tdo6 at 17psi on 89 octane isn't going to cut it. all of their kits have hit 300+whp in one way or another, the ct27 has done it with race gas and 440's (but pushing it). The tdo5/06/07 can do it on pump and 550's and less boost. Or possibly with race gas and 440s (but again pushing the it as far as fuel).

I can't say myself whether they'll have a gb on them, but i do know that they already have sales for all of the above (cept for maybe the tdo7). 1400 for a ct27 package (or 100 off for just the ct27 turbo by itself) and 300+whp pacakges with the tdo5/o6.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.