MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will be travelling with my MK1 from Florida to Asheville, NC on the 1st of July and will be there through the 6th. I'm planning on heading to the Tail of the Dragon for at least one of those days. Anything going on nearby or have any tips for the area if my car breaks down?

·
Registered
66 Posts
There are a lot of good roads not called The Dragon. They can also be less patrolled and overrun by bikers.
About break downs, I do recall once someone's car had a little accident; he had to get a rental car at the Asheville airport, 2 hours from the dragon.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dragon

I'm back now. Luckily I didn't break down in my MK1. AND Oh yeah, many roads not called the Dragon for sure. The Dragon was good, but I enjoyed the Cherohala Skyway, some random route we took to get to the dragon, and many others. The locals were driving crazy on all the roads in that area so I don't think any cops would've even noticed. I'll definitely be visiting the area again. I also learned to dislike Harley Drivers who think their bikes are sporty.

There are a lot of good roads not called The Dragon. They can also be less patrolled and overrun by bikers.
About break downs, I do recall once someone's car had a little accident; he had to get a rental car at the Asheville airport, 2 hours from the dragon.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts