MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok finally got pics of the BN sports rear bumper half. Some of you may think it is rice... but your wrong. This bumper is of upmost quality and fits very well. I also mind you it is Rare that i have seen (I have seen one on here)

here it is in its "sanded and unmounted still cut in half with a big a$$ hole" stage.

and here it is in its "sanded and mounted but still cut in half with a big a$$ hole" stage

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)

all i need now is to get the fiberglass and resin and start carefully laying fiberglass and make this beast into a beautiful beast! (yes I know Rims and a drop!) But they are too damned expensive for my college student a$$!

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
i will be doing everything to it myself. It maybe a little slow but I want to make everything perfect, as I will be doing other body work as well. Such as sanding and refiberglassing my aeroware lip and fixing some parts of the front bumper and getting the side skirts to fit perfect. So if everything goes as planned my projected time on these projects is anywhere from a month to two months. You are more than welcome to come and check it out anyways. I think we need to get a cruise going soon for the Tucson peeps anyways. I will also probably be molding this bumper to the rear bumper.

·
Registered
27,751 Posts
Get it molded & painted and it will look really nice IMO.

Do you know if they make another section that goes farther under the middle of the car to make it more functional?

The sides look deep (tall) enough to help with Aero.
It's shame that the middle section is not continued at least foot, if not two, under the car.

·
Registered
2,588 Posts
Good choice of rear bumper :smile:

JekylAndHide: They do not make another section that goes further under but should be pretty easy to make such a part up yourself :)

Dont want to hijack the thread but here is what you would get when you are done

·
Registered
27,751 Posts
NoddE said:
JekylAndHide: They do not make another section that goes further under but should be pretty easy to make such a part up yourself
Thanks .... but I have other plans ;)

Nice car!

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I plan on making a pannel that goes infront of the bumper but I have to figure out how to get it past my exhaust. Nodde your car is the reason I wanted this bumper in the first place. Your car just makes me drool, that picture has been my desktop for about a monthand the other picture of you bumper was my desktop since you posted it in august or october or whatever it was.

when I paint I am planning on clear coating the whole car. But i was thinking of putinng on a pearl clear maybe a red pearl or a blue pearl. what do you guys think? That would look good?

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hardtop2 said:
looks good, especially on a white 2

Thats because white deuces are the best!

Yeah I know i will have issues with seep bumps and such but I dont really have to many i ever go over. I

I may have to lower my exhaus tbecause after driving to and from school today It is leaving residue on the bumper. The exhaust sits about 2 mm away fron the bumper.

·
Registered
2,588 Posts
Mr2Turbo7: thanks :)
about the panel.. i havnt looked under my car recently but shouldnt it be pretty easy to mount something between the bumper and the x-member.. and cut out the part where the exhaust is?.. or do you have your muffler right under there..sideways?

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I would imagine it would workwith the Departure exhaust. I was think of going from the bumper to the x member as well.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts