MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just looking through the new GCR. Guess what, now I can use "not exceeding 15x7 wheels" ARRGGG I just bought 2 sets of 15x7 now I find out I can use 13x7 if I want (and do!!!)

Argggg! Guess I'll be seeing if the wheels can be returned. LOL.

OMG I can now run the 20" diameter slicks instead of 23" diameter!!! :evillaugh my center of gravity can drop 3"(correction, 1.5")!!!

:evillaugh :evillaugh :evillaugh

·
Premium Member
1,751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Looks like you IT guys can go with 13" wheels now too. I guess we kinda knew that but now it's official.

Those Hoosier 225/45ZR13 tires look really nice for IT... 2" shorter diameter than the 14" ...

·
Premium Member
1,751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Jake said:
Nope - We can't do 13", but we can do 15". Maybe I'll buy a set of 15x7's off ya!
Try this:
under wheels/tires section 7:
"The above mentioned cars as well as those cars originally equipped with thirteen(13) inch or fourteen(14) inch wheels may fit up to a fifteen (15) inch wheel. All other cars shall retain the wheel diameter fitted as original equipment.."

Up to 15".... 13" definitely fits that bill...

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Ya, I know. They made a mistake in the wording and are going to correct it. The intent was to just allow people to move up in size.

·
Premium Member
1,751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, until they "correct" it, that's what the rules say....

At least in Prod it looks like a permenant change - they changed all the spec lines to read "max wheel size" and in the wording put same.

I'm not so sure that they will change it back for IT...guess Norm probably knows more than anyone on that. But until they make a correction - you're legal to run them.

Looks like they're migrating to a max wheel size for all the classes which is a whole lot easier IMO than trying to keep track of all the different models and who got what etc.

·
Premium Member
16,626 Posts
I asked the specific question of the Comp. Board - errrr . . . Club Racing Board at the Convention. I got the usual non-answer.

Like Jake said, according to the ITAC, it isn't supposed to allow us to use 13's - only 15's. There was supposedly an attempt to fix it in the 2/05 Fastrack - which, as usual, just clouded the issue more.

My recommendation is don't use 13's.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts