MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a 91 NA, i only have the part number for passager side seal, and i wonder if it is the same as the driver side.
thanks

W

·
0 Posts
I just finished on my son's 92 and it had the same seal on both sides. Toyota had the wrong listing for the seals, I had to get them from NAPA.

later WD

K

·
0 Posts
Now the one thing on the 91 you want to check on, give the parts guy the VIN off the car. Turns out my '91 which was bought in July of 1990 has parts from both a 90 and a 91 (yes they made a '90 model, but it was only available overseas) and he had to order some parts for me. The clutch disc is different but the pressure plate was the same. The throwout bearing on mine was actually different than the one he had listed for a '91 model. If your Toyota parts guy doesn't ask for the VIN then he doesn't really know what he's looking for. '91 was the only year that they did this from what he said.

W

·
0 Posts
I gave him the vin # and still got the wrong parts. I watched him as he looked thru the pics in the computer and we could not find a pic that really gave us a good look at the seals. Time was short so I got some from NAPA. But I agree, the vin # should keep the parts guy straight most of the time.

later WD

1 - 5 of 5 Posts