MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, so my oil pan (3SGTE) has a lovely coating of glitter on it's entirety. I'm not sure if I will be able to clean it all out because of the baffle so I am thinking of just replacing it. I have no intentions of buying that $400 Moroso pan and I have only been finding pans for the 2.2 NA 5SFE. If anyone knows if the pans are the same or some other alternative that'd be great. thank you.

·
Registered
1990 MR2 Turbo
130 Posts
Other than the lack of an turbo oil drain, they may be the same. I know I used a 3S-GTE oil pan on my old 5S-FTE setup. This much I know for certain.
EDIT: I recall my 5S-FE didn't have the oil level sensor either. I had to block it off. So that opening won't be there either.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I can always make the hole for the return and then swap over the pipe since it looks like it comes off. Thank you!

·
Premium Member
13,124 Posts
I have a 3SGTE oil pan I would sell you.

Reactions: JesseDLT07

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I have a 3SGTE oil pan I would sell you.
Totally, what condition is it in and how much? And while I’m here, my oil cooler wouldn’t be very safe to use since the whole metal situation. Do you know where I could find a stock oil cooler or what else I could do? I’m not opposed to the upgraded coolers but I can’t find any online that are in stock.

·
Premium Member
13,124 Posts
Totally, what condition is it in and how much? And while I’m here, my oil cooler wouldn’t be very safe to use since the whole metal situation. Do you know where I could find a stock oil cooler or what else I could do? I’m not opposed to the upgraded coolers but I can’t find any online that are in stock.
Looks decent, although I have never used it myself. Some rust on the windage tray. I bought it used to investigate building a baffle insert for the stock pan, but that project never went anywhere. I also have a pickup tube and upper windage tray I would include if you were interested. I don't know what sort of prices you are seeing on 5S pans, but somewhere around 50+shipping seems reasonable.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Looks decent, although I have never used it myself. Some rust on the windage tray. I bought it used to investigate building a baffle insert for the stock pan, but that project never went anywhere. I also have a pickup tube and upper windage tray I would include if you were interested. I don't know what sort of prices you are seeing on 5S pans, but somewhere around 50+shipping seems reasonable.
View attachment 73505
Okay that sounds awesome, you can message me at (530)848-9862 and we can go from there for shipping and payment and whatnot.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts