MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im just about to install an aquamist 1s kit to my car and was wondering where everyone got their live feed from ? It says you have to run it from battery just wondering if there is a closer place to tap into ?

any pics would be mint !!
cheers

·
Registered
170 Posts
KrisB said:
Im just about to install an aquamist 1s kit to my car and was wondering where everyone got their live feed from ? It says you have to run it from battery just wondering if there is a closer place to tap into ?

any pics would be mint !!
cheers
The fuse box in the engine bay has a nice live connection in it.

paul

·
Registered
3,036 Posts
I mounted mine following the instructions at www.mrcontrols.com with the pump in the right front bumper area, and power to the battery.

Bruce

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Does it not affect the kit having the pump mounted so far away from the injector as ita a long distance frunk to engine bay ?

·
Registered
3,036 Posts
KrisB said:
Does it not affect the kit having the pump mounted so far away from the injector as ita a long distance frunk to engine bay ?
Not at all. The supply tube remains filled with water and is ready to squirt. The boost sensor gets mounted on the trunk firewall out of sight behind the carpet and tees into the intake manifold vacuum line that's right there, the electrical wire runs from there to the front trunk hidden under the removable side engine covers, through the firewall and under the centre console along with the supply line and into the frunk behind the plastic trunk liner, and then into the bumper area by the passengers headlight. All holes are existing. Water supply can be teed into the windshield washer resevoir like I did or install a separate tank. Check out the website...it was one of the few projects simple enough for me to do by myself!

Bruce

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i was told i would need a primer pump for such a great distance between pump and injector

·
Registered
3,036 Posts
KrisB said:
i was told i would need a primer pump for such a great distance between pump and injector
If RickyB could take the time to write a comprehensive article on the installation of an Aquamist system for your benefit, I think you should take the time to read it at www.mrcontrols.com. ;)

Bruce

·
Automotive cartographer
4,402 Posts
KrisB said:
A primer pump? Primer pumps are used to get the system primed when the source water tank is lower than the pump. My instructions tell you to put the pump right underneath the source of the water. My setup has always self-primed in seconds without a single problem. Once the water is in the pump and pressurized, it will travel uphill and quite a long ways without any problem. I always find it amusing that the folks who think my setup is not going to work completely miss the fact that I've had it installed for over three years and have pumped many reservoirs full of water/ethanol mix into my motor with it all without a single problem.

·
Registered
6,845 Posts
All that matters is that the net positive suction head required (NPSHR) by the pump does not exceed the net positive suction head available (NPSHA). Yes, I am an old geek.

I'm planning on installing a 1S per your instructions. If you were to do the install again, is there anything you might do differently? Only thing different is that I'm putting the typical gocart tank in the frunk (I don't want holes in my trunk).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts