MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone taking precalculus at Evergreen??? i'm kinda struggling through it and wondering if anyone wants to get a study group going for it.........

·
Registered
451 Posts
i was trying to signup for it but forsome reason webreg wont let me register for any of the precal classes. good luck!

Herb

·
Registered
853 Posts
if ur ever at SJSU on sundays and u got questions i can help u... shhieet wheres that so call math geek by the name of ken? HMMM

·
Registered
606 Posts
sign up for the math and science tutoring center, best place to get some help, the professors always have certain times they are in there for tutoring

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ya i think i need to do that math tutoring thing.....friggen haven't taken math in 4 years and jumping rite in to pre calculus and trig at the same time. anyways so i'm going through the reviews in class rite now and i'm kinda stuck on the i equations..where i is the imaginary number or sumthing like that.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Post your questions here. A few of us have gotten through a lot of math already so we can lend a hand.

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
i took pre calculus at Modesto Junior College with Prof.Sarah Curl, and damn i failed twice. with D's. so yea it was hard for me. made me chang emy major from engineering to business. haha.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
damn u don't need math for business?? stupid irvine requires me to get to calculus 2 thats just gay.......never gonna use it

·
Registered
162 Posts
for business you get math taught by business. you learn interesting things like one plus one sometimes equals three.

allen_p said:
damn u don't need math for business?? stupid irvine requires me to get to calculus 2 thats just gay.......never gonna use it

·
Registered
377 Posts
elude said:
you learn interesting things like one plus one sometimes equals three.
That is one hell of a line.

You'd be surprised how much math you'll need when pursuing a business degree. As an example, you'll need Calc 1 to get into undergrad at Haas and when you get in, you have to take statistics and possibly some introductory programming. To get into Haas MBA, they expect you to have taken linear algebra. The idea is, I believe, is that problem solving and analytical skills are keys in the business world as optimization is the goal a lot of the times. I recommmend taking some programming classes.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Mistatwo Mayn said:
if ur ever at SJSU on sundays and u got questions i can help u... shhieet wheres that so call math geek by the name of ken? HMMM
lol.. oooh!! math!!! lucky you!!! you can always post here.. but.. we cant exactly do your homework for you (or can we? fun!!!) cuz really.. when doing precal or cal.. you just need to do problems over and over and youll get use to it. theres no necessity of proofs at that level so you really dont need to know the concepts... its really just a matter of figuring out which equation/formula and then plug and chug.
we should sooo get a math group together and sit around discussing theorems and stuff.. that would be soooo cool.. :smile:
since we're on the topic of asking for help... anyone have skills in using Matlab? it been over a year since ive used it and am rusty... cant seem to get my programs right...
ken

·
Registered
377 Posts
No matlab, but I can do SPSS (use it for my job) and a couple of lesser known statistical packages.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
okie so i've gone through the first week of class now.....i kinda get it but i don't remember any of the formulas or crap from algebra 2 that i need.......anyone know any resources that would help? or anyone wanna tutor me......just one night a week or such.....i'll pay u

·
Registered
853 Posts
if ur able to catch me, i m in san jo pretty much every day (sad). I can tutor u for a lil bit everyday if u need... but calculus is useful for business!!!! You can predict the future with math!

I saw ur lil friend today Ken, ha margie =).

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
hmmm what time are u available??? i have 24 units and such so the only time i'm available is prolly like monday after 4, tues after 3, or wed after 6

1 - 20 of 22 Posts