MR2 Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well it's finally time to get my 2 to the shop for some upgrades.
After checking the maximum towing capacity of my daily driver, I've decided it's probably easier to ship my MR2 the 400+ miles rather than drive or tow it. This of course creates a bunch of other logistic challenges. Has anyone here shipped their cars before? I've been given the name of a scheduling company called UShip which has sent me a dozen or so haulers that can do it (price quotes included) which is a really good start. Does anyone here have any recommendations for haulers you've used? Also, what are some of the details I need to cover to ensure a successful journey? For example- the clearance of my aftermarket chin spoiler is only 5". How does one make sure the hauler is equipped to handle this? Any other things I need to be aware of or consider?
As always, thanks to you all for your guidance, it's appreciated!

·
Premium Member
'91 MR2 Turbo, '20 BRZ
412 Posts
I've shipped mine and honestly wouldn't recommend whom I used, so I won't even say. It cost 450 to move it 200miles. Now there was an extra 50$ in there because of the car not running. Gas prices are even worse now, so I can't imagine what they all charge now. My main complaint is they try to get as many vehicles as they can, so they are rarely on time... especially if you are one of the later pickups.

·
Registered
4,488 Posts
I shipped my GT3 from my place in FL to MN but that was in an enclosed trailer and it was not phucking free, perfect transaction…
sold my MR2 to a lad and he paid for his shipper.. Phucking disaster!!!! Drive the car… it’ll take you 6hrs

1 - 8 of 8 Posts