MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to borrow for a couple of weeks while I hunt down a solenoid for my EBC....

Holla if you can help..

·
Registered
2,777 Posts
why dont u just run stock boost for a while?

·
Registered
3,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
FallingSux said:
why dont u just run stock boost for a while?
I don't have a tvsv and my car only made 205whp with boost shut down..
I mydeswell walk :p

Spyder.. I have an Apexi AVCR.. Can I replace the solenoid with a better type? Do you know if the GM or AEM solenoids are compatible with Apexi?

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
I don't know if either is compatible but the GM and the apexi solenoids listed on the HP freaks website both use a 30hz signal from the controller. If you're willing to use the AEM soleniod, why not use the Apexi soleniod that is the same price and guarenteed to work?

·
Registered
3,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
SpyderVenom said:
I don't know if either is compatible but the GM and the apexi solenoids listed on the HP freaks website both use a 30hz signal from the controller. If you're willing to use the AEM soleniod, why not use the Apexi soleniod that is the same price and guarenteed to work?
Because I suspect the APEXI solenoid can't control the CT20b internal wastegate as good anymore since I've had my head ported. It was fine when the car was stock but I'm trying to push over 20lbs with and it fluctuates up and down from 19-11 psi. Eric mentioned to me he noticed the avcr doing the same thing on other high boost high hp cars.

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
I would suspect the controller not the solenoid. It sounds like the controller is going into a hysteresis condition where it see too much boost and then overcompensates. It's not that either part is broken, only that it can't handle what you are asking of it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts