MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking to upgrade to a CT27 with 2.5" DP and wont pass at a regular shops. Any suggestions? PMs or email will be appriciated if need be.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Have you tried smogging it yet? If you still have at least one cat, you should be able to talk your way into passing visual. As far as the emissions part...make sure EGR etc works (and everything back to stock), get the car waay hot before the test (not going to suggest unplugging fans, but that will heat 'er up quick) and you may be able to pass that dang thing. If you fail, good luck, you need to know someone.

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
you should be able to pass with a ct27 since they test at lower rpms , but you need to have a cat , dont know if you still have the stock one .

·
Registered
637 Posts
Heres a question, I gotta smog my car soon but I have the 2nd gen JDM motor. I have heard rumors of people acutally passing. Do you guys think having a USDM cat is better then a JDM cat? they are quite different, but im not sure wut im going to do now with a gutted cat ;[

·
Registered
5,236 Posts
jonrhaider said:
how about if you get a universal 3" cat installed between the d-pipe and b-pipe shouldn't it be ok?
Legally they're supposed to be in the same locations.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts