MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yeah, im looking for a job, a detailer, porter or anything to do with cars would be best. please let me know if you guys know of any place hiring :).
-Terry

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
if you knew how to run CNC's and manual mills...you could probably work at my dads shop......but im doing that for right now..........ehhh getting up at 6 and 7 sucks

·
Registered
4,054 Posts
Probably too far, but the Cassidy Tire that I use in Downers Grove has a 'Help Wanted' sign in the window.

·
Registered
3,562 Posts
home depot pays fair but you will have to pass through the 6hr training/school. I worked there for a year I think pay was about 13.50? an Hr. flexable hrs were offered too!

car dealers sometimes need porters but it seams they are finding very cheep workers..if you get my point.?

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
I guess it all depends on how bad you want to work. Do you mind working at a mcdonalds or something.......or are you looking for something that you could have a better future or whatnot in? If you want to get more into car stuff......try finding a more specialty car shop where a guy might want to take you under his wing or something

thats all i can think of. my brain hurts from CNC's all day. lol
andrew

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
I was doing the programming\machining for some mold inserts (scary when each piece of steel is 400+ in cost. lol) but yah, parts and whatnot. What you need made up?

·
Registered
3,562 Posts
nothing I dident know you had acces toa CNC machine. I have a friend that runs a shop full of CNC machines. I bring him small parts that he reproduces. mainly damper parts for race cars

·
Registered
6,964 Posts
really? What hours does "overnight" consist of? I was looking for a part time gig. . .2 nights a week and a weekend day. ..maybe.

Not too many hours, as I would do it to kill time and make a little extra $

I'm gonna swing by there tonight and see what's up. . .

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Dave just told me that its for full time only. Im looking for somethign i can use in the future. And yeah hillman, thanks anyways but its waaaay too far. Hmm, thanks guys for all the feedback, but i am still keeping my eyes out..
-Terry

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
overnight was monday thru thursday 8-6 i think..somewhere around there..40 hours a week. You get discounts on the cars and are able to bid on the cars going to auctions also.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts