MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6,985 Posts
You will have better luck getting a response to a Regional repair shop...in the Regional Forums. :thumbup

I think those are in the Chicagoland area...but not sure. Where are you located.

·
Pay for quality, not name
2,026 Posts
If its the same shop that was located around me in the early 90's, t'aint no way. It not even as good or just as good as a Maaco. I had my first car painted there as a teenager. I had little money and the paint job that was delivered showed.

Good Luck!

·
Master of Twos R Us
21,767 Posts
Earl Scheib is a chain - and just like Maaco, there are good and there are bad Sheib paint centers. Most of them are cheap, and you get what you pay for really applies in these situations.

With any paint shop, ask for references and see if you can go see some of their former work. In the 80s, it wasn't unusual for an Earl Sheib car to come out of the shop with painted emblems and tires. It was THAT bad. If you prepped and masked the car yourself, it could come out decent....but most people wouldn't bother with that.

·
Registered
4,710 Posts
Yeah, paint's definitely worth doing right. After a particular accident (wasn't my fault, but the insurance wouldn't cover it anyway) I took my car to the shop that offered me the lowest price on the fix. The bodywork was fine (basically just a fender), but the paintwork sucked! When they firsst brought the car out to me it literally had bits of sand visible in the paint! The second time I got it, the orange-peel was just awful. It contrasted horribly with the paint on the ret of the car. I had to take it back three times before I was relatively happy with the outcome.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts