MR2 Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This guy is based in Poland. Pretty cool looking flat bottom wheel:
TOYOTA SUPRA MR2 CELICA LEVIN RESHAPED STEERING WHEEL FULL PERFORATED LEATHER | eBay

Here’s something similar from Spain:

Here’s a re-wrap of a Celica wheel (I wonder if I can transfer my cruise control?):

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
The flat bottomed one would make for a very unique MR2. Is that uniqeueness worth $500? Well... I guess that's up to you.
Yes, that is the question! I’m tempted since this car is quite special to me (I’m the original owner - car has never seen snow and has seen rain at most 3 or 4 times in its entire life!)

I also have a BMW e92 335 convertible and I replaced the steering wheel with a BMW nappa leather M wheel and it cost less than this one! I have to say though, upgrading the steering wheel made a bigger difference than I would have thought...

·
Registered
996 Posts
Yes, that is the question! I’m tempted since this car is quite special to me (I’m the original owner - car has never seen snow and has seen rain at most 3 or 4 times in its entire life!)

I also have a BMW e92 335 convertible and I replaced the steering wheel with a BMW nappa leather M wheel and it cost less than this one! I have to say though, upgrading the steering wheel made a bigger difference than I would have thought...
Man, where do you live? I live in so Cal. My 2 have seen snow and rain. You gotta get her out and stretch her legs. Com’n it’s an MR2 built to be driven.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Man, where do you live? I live in so Cal. My 2 have seen snow and rain. You gotta get her out and stretch her legs. Com’n it’s an MR2 built to be driven.
I live in upstate NY. Driving in the winter is a no go (I store the car). I’ve put about 80,000 miles on it in 29 years - so I average about 2750 miles per (summer) year!

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Awesome - thank you! I think I’m going to basically duplicate your red MR2 center (or maybe the “midship runabout”?), Oh, and I made the plunge - I have a custom flat bottom wheel with a combo of smooth and perf leather, a red stripe at 12 o’clock and red stitching. Can’t wait. The center emblem will be the piece de resistance!

·
Registered
996 Posts
Awesome - thank you! I think I’m going to basically duplicate your red MR2 center (or maybe the “midship runabout”?), Oh, and I made the plunge - I have a custom flat bottom wheel with a combo of smooth and perf leather, a red stripe at 12 o’clock and red stitching. Can’t wait. The center emblem will be the piece de resistance!
Ok, fancy pants, you have to out do us by getting the flat bottom wheel. Make sure post pictures when done.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
Ok, fancy pants, you have to out do us by getting the flat bottom wheel. Make sure post pictures when done.
I’ve changed my mind - I don’t need a fancy pants custom flat bottom wheel when I could get this! Maybe add a TRD logo in the center!

·
Registered
996 Posts
I will! Speaking of fancy - where did you get your silver gauge rings? Are they from MR2 Heaven? Did you need to pull out the gauge cluster or could you just remove the clear plastic cover?
Dude sorry for the long delay. I got them from a home seller. I have no idea where they came from. I had the cluster out when I install the Omari boost gauge so it was a good time to snap those trims on.

·
Registered
6,412 Posts
Old post, but your info @mtang65 just guided me to order some stickers to put onto my steering wheel
I went with the MK3 logo, the Midship black with silver eagle.
I hope it comes out as good as I expect! It'll take about 2.5 weeks or so to arrive

1 - 19 of 19 Posts