MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious if anybody here has had any experience with them.

I'm thinking of having them fab a few pieces for me...

Mainly a 20v b-pipe to header flange - nice clean cuts on a flo-jet rather than me trying to go at it with a torch and then spending tons of time grinding rough edges.

Also, for anyone who has made their own, what thickness steel should I use? I was thinking 3/8ths plate.

·
20v Super Two
5,026 Posts
Silver-TuNA said:
Just curious if anybody here has had any experience with them.

I'm thinking of having them fab a few pieces for me...

Mainly a 20v b-pipe to header flange - nice clean cuts on a flo-jet rather than me trying to go at it with a torch and then spending tons of time grinding rough edges.

Also, for anyone who has made their own, what thickness steel should I use? I was thinking 3/8ths plate.
I'll split the cost with you, I need a new B-Pipe too. I'd like it to hug the oil pan the way the stock one does, and not make the exhaust stick out like 3 inches too low.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Bill Strong said:
Yes. awsome service, fast process. I will use them again and again.
I made some flanges

Good to hear...When I stumbled accross the site I thought: what a fantastic idea

·
Registered
487 Posts
I know quite a few people locally that have machine shops. My dads firend has one and does all kinds of stuff, from helicopter parts to artificial hips. He has something like 15 CNC mills, huge facility etc.
I would imagine there's probably a machine shop somewhere in your area.

·
Administrator
42,296 Posts
where I live when the NASCAR teams moved down south all the machine shops closed up. There was one locally but the old man almost died, so he quit.
Even getting Quality Welding (ironically that is the name of the company) is really hard to find. I say make it show worthy and I get back something I could have done.

So I go outside my areas now. Plus I am building my own machine shop slowly.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts