MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,647 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys i was wondering if anyone here has been a student at college of san mateo? or if you know fo anyone who has attended that school?

can you tell me if it is a nice school worth going to. also how are the professors and also what is the percentage of asians, to whites, to hispanics etc...

also can someone tell me how far i need to drive from san carlos to the college of san mateo...should i expect lots of traffic?

thanks
alex cho

·
Registered
3,729 Posts
tons of girls go there..
why? Because it's sunny! If you want to see some hot girls wearing nice tops and shorts thats the school to goto lol.
There's alot of White people and Asian people that go there.

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
i went there after HS. ethnically, its pretty mixed. i never had trouble registering for classes. i registered on time though, not last minute. some teachers there are pretty easy. i guess take them if you need a high gpa. from san carlos, i'm guessing 15 minutes tops? depends if you go local or take the freeway. although in the morning, there can be traffic on 92.

·
Registered
472 Posts
I went there for 3 yrs. and transfered to state. I liked it there it was always nice and sunny, the teachers are good it all depends on who you take and what classes. Yes, there are tons of girls there. The crowd is pretty mixed. From san carlos to CSM in the morning it'll prob. take you 15-20 mins. depending on traffic on 101 and 92.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Ask Norm he went there. That's probably why his kinda bitchin about getting out of school here at state. Hahaha jp Norm.

Mike

·
Registered
800 Posts
I go there now. Mostly Asian and whites. Spanish after that. It's good for a community college.

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
eternalxp said:
I go there now. Mostly Asian and whites. Spanish after that. It's good for a community college.
How's the car running Peter? Did you change clamps yet? :smile: Sorry, didn't mean to hijack your post Alex ;)

REVSPEC

·
NORCALMR2.com
6,506 Posts
CSM
It's a good campus.
I was ther 94-96 before transferring to UCD.
Good looking youngings (Asian, White, Spanish, etc.) :hitit:
It's a lot easier to get classes there than SF City College or Skyline.
De Anza Community is nice as well.
Like others said, easier to get your classes.
Good weather.
Watch out for the campus police.
Bastards prey on suped up rides.
FYI, watch ur SPEED. :bsflag:

·
Registered
800 Posts
VtownMR2 said:
How's the car running Peter? Did you change clamps yet? :smile: Sorry, didn't mean to hijack your post Alex ;)

REVSPEC
lol, it's running pretty well aside from the idle issue i still have. Haven't gotten a chance to change the clamps yet. :D Know any good places with a decent price for the pressurized ones?

PEter

·
Registered
413 Posts
i went there on and off from 97-99.

it was a great campus and there were good professors and easy ones. i never had problems getting classes. there was lots of eye candy, too.

after i left, i heard it got really packed there.

·
Registered
279 Posts
UspecMR2-T said:
Ask Norm he went there. That's probably why his kinda bitchin about getting out of school here at state. Hahaha jp Norm.

Mike
haha sup mike!

csm wasnt bad. when i was there, they had a few mr2s around. ive also seen a few modded s2ks, evos, sti's, and a couple of porsches too. parking sucks if you have class between the hours of 9am to about 11am or 12. a ton of girls do go there and the ethnicity is pretty mixed. nice warm weather on top of the hill. not bad for a community college.

norm

·
Registered
2,647 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
thanks for the replies,

i wanted to head out to san francisco since my girlfriends sister is living in the san carlos area and possibily i may want to go to a school there that has a good nursing program. i visit san fran about once a year and i find it a very nice place to live.

but the downside to san fran for me is that when i was driving around i got lost all the time, i am not used to all these freeways and highways. in hawaii there is only like 3 freeways, H1, H2, and H3.

by the way does anyone know what i need to claim residency at the college of san mateo? i know one would be a drivers license, what about another?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts