MR2 Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm wondering if anybody offers a turn-key swap, considering somebody were to provide say a running 1991 Turbo.

I know that over on the MKIII board there is a guy advertising a 2ZZ swap for $4500 including parts/labor, and then he offers a $1500 credit if you have resale-able 1ZZ components, making the net price ~$3000. That seems very reasonable. I realize there is more fab work in the V6 swap, and not many recoverable costs, but I'm wondering what total costs are, and if anybody is offering this.

I would be interested in purchasing a pre-swapped car but can't find one for sale currently :)

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
At MR2guru We dont have any pre swapped cars. But, we do offer complete turn key V6 swapps. Right now trdny has a car at our shop awaiting the ems. I installed a 5VZ-FE with a custom single turbo manifold in that car. He will be driving the car 900 miles home. Thats about as turn key as it gets.

As for the price, I think you may want to disscuss the "resellable parts" with harry (my shop owner/bossman). It may be possible if you have a car that is in fairly good shape. I wouldent hope for too much though. Call MR2Guru at 828-776-GURU (4878) and ask for Harry. Tell him that Jim/Node said to call. He will get you a good idea of what kind of "turn key" price you would be looking at.

·
Premium Member
11,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ah-ha...excellent info! I "turn key swap" is just as good for me, swapping motors is no problem, I just don't want to dick with rewiring and looking for the odd nut or bolt, I don't have time for that crap. Is there a website that lists everything included? If it comes with wiring harness and all an NA chassis would be just as feasible. I don't necessarily have a car in mind (both my cars have turbo motors in them already and I'd just as soon sell one and start with a fresh shell than swap a good motor out).

I don't need any resellable parts...just thought that was an interesting idea. I'll just get a shell :)

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Check out www.mr2guru.com , they have two more in the works right now. As well as videos of my car (a working demo kinda) and lots of pics.

The price of these swaps depends on a lot of factors. Starting with a turbo car is best because there are quite a few less parts that will need to be sourced. That also translates to less install time etc... Regardless of the shop a turn key v6 swap should be parts + 60 hrs of labor. That seems to be "fair" estimate for labor on these swaps.

Jim

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
You can not put a V6 in an alltrac at all if you are keeping 4wd. The rear output section of the transmission is in the same spot as the rear bank of pistons (sorry guys). At least thats how it looks with the ST205 and ST185 transaxels I have here. You can easily put a V6 into a FWD celica though :)

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
Yea Node is one of the best to go to, im quite booked on getting mine and possibly soon starting kimchis v6 swap as well as other engine swaps that are showing up here.

I dont need heat...i just wear alot of sweaters...not like vancouvr is cold right now anyway

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.