·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
please click the link

Click Here

is anybody formilliar with this turbo ?
seems like its a stock turbo for a mitsubishi truck or something
but he is saying that local supras made well over 600 whp on it.

for as far as i know its a turbo that belongs to a diesel engine ... which AFAIK are made for lower rpm and boostlevels than gasoline turbos .. right ?

let me know guys ... here's a pic

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
i supose nobody ever heard of MHI aka Mitsubishi turbos ?
let me refresh youre mind ... td06 ... td07 ... greddy turbos ..;)

people please. i need some information.
i know there are like a 100 turbo experts on this board.
i just like to hear some specs ... and hp goal for this turbo

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i also aked the seller something about the use on a gasoline engine and this is his reply

Hello Peter

Of course it can be for 9000rpm running gasoline engine.
Acturally that depends on your engine instead of turbocharger
It can get around 850CFM air flow at 1bar.
But it can boost under 2.5 bar without any problem.
MHI turbocharger is very strong.

Regards

IchiroTanaka

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
Looks HUGE for an MR2. You want a big turbo I have a gt3571 thats spec'd for diesel but smaller. Also a lot cheaper and modern Allied signal GT series technology.

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
hey buddy.

sorry , but i dont have gt3571 cash anymore :D

btw , here's the compressor map fot the turbo we are talking about.
i cant read those things , but maybe somebody else can ?

·
Registered
525 Posts
check out this link:http://www.mr2oc.com/showthread.php?t=140270&highlight=gt4088

That the air flow numbers and pressure ratios they list and plot it on your map. If it falls toward the center of the map than it's a good match.

* the motor in the other thread is a stroker so your real air flow will be lower for the same pr. The circles on the map are the % efficient for the turbo. i think the lowest you should go is 65%. you also have to change the air flow units.

sorry that's all the new guy remembers

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
Turbo_PePe said:
hey buddy.

sorry , but i dont have gt3571 cash anymore :D
I know that shipping will set you back some, but I would be willing to take $350 for this turbo (shipping at your expense). I don't want anything this big. I have a CT20b and a CT27 on my other cars. I bought this in a momment of weakness b/c it was cheap and I thought maybe I was a big turbo guy, but I am not. :(

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
trdny said:
check out this link:http://www.mr2oc.com/showthread.php?t=140270&highlight=gt4088

That the air flow numbers and pressure ratios they list and plot it on your map. If it falls toward the center of the map than it's a good match.

* the motor in the other thread is a stroker so your real air flow will be lower for the same pr. The circles on the map are the % efficient for the turbo. i think the lowest you should go is 65%. you also have to change the air flow units.

sorry that's all the new guy remembers
i checked the link you gave me ... thanx !
but i have no frigging idea how to calculate the compressor flow ... and turbine stuff and whatever they are talking about its all to technical for me ...

so if there is any turbo expert bored out here ....please calculate the map on this turbo ..... it would be much appreciated :D

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
any turbo expert thats bored ?
if so ... please let me know how this turbo will perform on a fully build 3sgte.
( manifold , cams , os valves etc etc ... )

1 - 12 of 12 Posts