MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
R.I.P. Red
3,906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I feel like that is the title for all my posts. Anyway the previus owner must not have liked the garage fukui muffler and took a hammer to it or something
http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/wetoddimage.wtdr/wNzc2NzAwNnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE=.jpg
http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/wetoddimage.wtdr/wNzc2NzAxNnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE=.jpg
http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/wetoddimage.wtdr/wNzc2NzAyNnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE=.jpg
What can i do. If i have to drill holes to get a slide hammer in there so be it. If any one knows some one that is good at this stuff (Im looking your way 8legs and betterhalf ;) ) that would be great Thanks guys.

·
2 less in Richmond.
20,801 Posts
If you drill holes you will have a massive exhaust leak. There is nothing you can do. A slide hammer would pull it and i can do that. Filling the holes back in is the problem.

·
R.I.P. Red
3,906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Couldnt you just weld the holes shut. I dont mind doing a little grinding and sanding and polishing it.

·
They call me LUCKY!
4,923 Posts
with the slide hammer there is a tool that welds little rods to the surface that you can get of with a pair of dikes you can hit all the low sopts with thoes then you will have something to pull against w/o drilling

·
2 less in Richmond.
20,801 Posts
it would work but i dont have one.

·
R.I.P. Red
3,906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
monopolizedinc said:
with the slide hammer there is a tool that welds little rods to the surface that you can get of with a pair of dikes you can hit all the low sopts with thoes then you will have something to pull against w/o drilling
Yeah I saw that on American Hotrod but i figured that would be a hard tool (Expensive) to find.

·
They call me LUCKY!
4,923 Posts
just thought about it b/c i had used one in the past i personaly dont have one eather but my dad has one ( he lives by you guys tho (richmond)) if you have friends that work at body shops im sure someone there should have one thay would let you use while you were there

·
Registered
7,127 Posts
You don't need that one specific tool, you can make it work with a regular welder and some nails or wire, you can also try a suction cup.

·
They call me LUCKY!
4,923 Posts
thats true

·
R.I.P. Red
3,906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Maybe ill just cut the canisters off and flip them around. The tops are fine. :p

·
2 less in Richmond.
20,801 Posts
:idea:

·
R.I.P. Red
3,906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
cant you just get new mufflers????

·
R.I.P. Red
3,906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
MRwd-2 said:
cant you just get new mufflers????
At about $1200 for this system that would be expensive.

·
R.I.P. Red
3,906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I wraped it in news paper and a Burger King AD. :D I havent really fixed it yet. I havent even had a chance to paint it with this crapy weather.

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
SrADavidson said:
At about $1200 for this system that would be expensive.

good god.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts