MR2 Owners Club Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Any V6 MR2's in MA?

816 views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  91mr.two 
#1 ·
I joined years ago but this is the first time i actually own an MR2. I have a 91 N/A and im planning to do a V6 swap. Was wondering if there were any locals to the boston area with a V6 swap. I would to pick your brain about various issues involving the swap.

#8 ·
Not to highjack his thread, but where in CT are you? I live on the RI/CT border and have been looking for meets/cruises/anything at all.

I joined years ago but this is the first time i actually own an MR2. I have a 91 N/A and im planning to do a V6 swap. Was wondering if there were any locals to the boston area with a V6 swap. I would to pick your brain about various issues involving the swap.
Another +1 for nextlevelmr2. Dustin and Steph don't cut corners.

Also, where in MA are you?

#7 ·
I didn't do the swap myself, but I started with a Turbo car so it's E153 (w/lsd) and turbo pump. Other than the Woodsport mount and Fidanza flywheel it's basically drop in. The guy who did mine wanted to use the JDM ecu and wired it himself but there are a few of conversion harnesses out there, especially if you plan to run the USDM ecu. Shoot me a DM if you have any other questions.

#4 ·
My Team and myself have done a 1MZ as well as a 1MZ-VVTi in our Mk1 LeMons car. I would hesitate to do any engine swaps in MA on a street car at this point. With the new inspection bay cameras going up now and the new rules taking effect in October, it will become increasingly difficult to get a swapped car to pass. Sounds like they might be bringing back the sniffer for pre-OBD2 cars as well, so all emissions related stuff probably needs to be on the car.

#6 ·
I live in mass but im still plated in ct as thats where i grew up. not worried about emissions. I met dustin from next level mr2 when he came to buy some parts from me. real nice guy. I contacted him about doing the swap but thats still a few months away as they are in the middle of other swaps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.