MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
that would work, but it will look really bad because the front wheel is gonna be even with the lip and the rear will be way in. I would get a rear spacer as well about 5mm bigger than whatever is in the front. Even then its still gonna look wierd.

I would not recommend getting them. Not worth the trouble.

·
Registered
946 Posts
17x8 all the way around? ugh man come on that would look and perform terribly

just wait till you get the right thing, its not an integra :)

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
Ewwww!! For $1100 you can buy my brand new rims and buy your own tires!! Or buy mu MOMO's for cheaper than $1100 with tires alla round!?!?

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
I would keep the wheels you have now that are the appropriate sizes. Why mess around w/ spacers if you already have the "right" sizes. You may want to research whether running the same width all-around would increase the chance of snap oversteer. From what I've read, it seems that using a wider rim in back make the rear end more managable and decrease the possibilty of snap oversteer.

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
Wow. David, your gonna enjoy the oversteer on turns with the same width rims all round. Toyota made the rear rims wider and tires wider for a reason :). I would wait for a staggered set. But thats just me, if you trully like them and don't worry about possible unexpected oversteer go for it. When you want me to be at P&L to install the DP.

Greg.

·
Registered
6,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ImageX2 said:
Ewwww!! For $1100 you can buy my brand new rims and buy your own tires!! Or buy mu MOMO's for cheaper than $1100 with tires alla round!?!?
I've already got rims I like. My #2 choice in rims. The Blitz are my #1 choice for rims on a MR2 . .sorry danny.

PLus it was gonna be a straight up trade, no cash outta my pocket, which I like.

·
Registered
2,590 Posts
I'm proud of you man. I know how much you wanted those rims and how much it had to hurt to pass them up, I don't know if I could have done it. However, when you finally get them you don't want to be unhappy with them for some reason.

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
ya David I think thats the right move. The tucked rear wheels would have bugged the crap out of you.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts