MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for a regular stock 3sgte motor. Any place in the northeast that stocks them and what prices should I pay for a complete block? The cheapest i found so far is $1000 out of CA

·
Registered
835 Posts
If you're wanting a rebuildable one, you should be paying about $500 or so for them. As for brand new, a short block is ~$1,500 from CraggieB.

·
Registered
264 Posts
i just bought today a celica alltrac 3sgte from an importer here in balt. md.
it is guaranteed with less than 50,000 miles and has a 30 day unlimited milage start-up warranty it came with everything on it including intercooler and wiring. for 900. delivered.

i thought it was a fair price.
he also has 1mzfe w/ and w/out vvt. 85-87 mr2 4age, 4age 20v silvertop. Skyline motors ect. whole warehouse full of all kinds.

ANA Trade CORP.
got phone # if wanted.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
that sounds good, any website or phone #?

thanks

What is the difference between the celica 3s-gte and mr2 3s-gte?

·
Registered
264 Posts
phone # is 18007523271

web www.japsspec.com (i've never looked here. i just drive over there and look myself and talk with the guy.)

the alltrac i recieved had power sterring pump attached.(not needed) the alternator is relocated to the top. the water gooseneck is diff. intercooler is top mount. a.c. compressor is where the mr2's alternator is. The wiring is a little diff. such as the alterator wire is rooted up top, battery line is also up front. But you should need that harness for the mr2 anyhow.

nothing that can't be relocated. or found like the gooseneck. Heck, i think i got 2 spare in the garage.

what are you dropping it in any how

hope this was helpfull.

·
Registered
264 Posts
And by the way i have purchaced 4 motors from the guy with no problems out of any of them. 1- mr2 3sgte, 1-n/a 87 supra motor, 1 4age 20v silvertop, and1 alltrac 3sgte. I suggest a least replacing the water pump and timing belt.

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
noitseuq said:
And by the way i have purchaced 4 motors from the guy with no problems out of any of them. 1- mr2 3sgte, 1-n/a 87 supra motor, 1 4age 20v silvertop, and1 alltrac 3sgte. I suggest a least replacing the water pump and timing belt.
damn. At that kind of pricing do you think he can source a GenIII motor?

·
Registered
264 Posts
He might. i purchaced the mr2 3sgte w/ trans. w/ everything including wiring for 1,400 2 years ago. the 20v was $550 w/o trans. the supra motor for my bro. was 1200. and the last, the alltrac. w/ everything except trans. for 900. a friend had him order a crx. motor. call him up. he could probably order it for you. he had 2 other alltrac motors there on monday.

there is probably 3-400 engines in his wharehouse.

like i said before he has the 1mzfe w/ vvt for 2,000 dollars. w/o trans.

and all his motors are extremly clean. i would eat off the one i just picked up. all are sprayed with a protective coating. it preserves the hoses, ect..

1 - 12 of 12 Posts