MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well need to get some wheels for spring and part of my bday money will go towards them!
Found these wondering if it would sit correct.

Work Equip
Front-- 17x7+35 114.3 5h
Rear-- 17x8+35 114.3 5h

I own a 1991 na mr2 and I am lowered on tein stech springs if that might cause any conflicts.

Thanks guys!!

·
Premium Member
13,206 Posts
Will fit very nicely. About 12mm tucked both front and rear. No danger of rubbing, and will look very good.

I would go with 205/40/17 front and 235/40/17 rear (or maybe 225 in rears, just to drop a little weight since you wont really need the extra traction with an NA)

·
Registered
12,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah i used a calculator for tire sizing and it said 12mm tucked, didnt know if that would look good or not but Ill take your word for it :)

·
Registered
429 Posts
12mm isn't that much if you think about it. I personally think that it looks great, and

leaves plenty of room for wide tires.

·
Premium Member
13,206 Posts
Personally, I think perfectly flush wheels are highly overrated, and in some cases almost look kinda funny (especially on the stock body, with a kit it looks better).

Look at it this way, the stock wheels are about 35mm tucked, so you will be 23mm less tucked than stock. So go look at your car with stock wheels, and imagine the wheels almost a full inch closer to the fenders.

·
Premium Member
406 Posts
WyrmMaster said:
Personally, I think perfectly flush wheels are highly overrated, and in some cases almost look kinda funny (especially on the stock body, with a kit it looks better).

Look at it this way, the stock wheels are about 35mm tucked, so you will be 23mm less tucked than stock. So go look at your car with stock wheels, and imagine the wheels almost a full inch closer to the fenders.
Absolutely! I couldn't agree more!

·
Registered
787 Posts
215/40R17s in the front would be closer to the stock OD and should be fine on a 7" wheel. 235/40R17 is perfect for the rear.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts