MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im friends with a guy who owns a shop here in toledo and he said he will cut me a sweet deal on some D2 coilovers 35 way adjustable
even the spring rate is completely separately adjustable than ride height, meaning when you adjust the ride height it will not change the spring rate... he said he could get me a set for 900 brand new... i was wondering if anyone on here has had any encounters with these or know anyone who has them and how do they like them... because im thinknig of selling my konis and tein springs for these...

·
Registered
761 Posts
All coilovers have fixed spring rates no matter what height they're set at. Only way to change the spring rate is to change the actual spring.

If you want height adjustability, go for it. But if you are happy with your current ride height, I'd keep your current setup. The Koni damper is surely better than whatever damper is in that D2.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Kilika said:
All coilovers have fixed spring rates no matter what height they're set at. Only way to change the spring rate is to change the actual spring.

If you want height adjustability, go for it. But if you are happy with your current ride height, I'd keep your current setup. The Koni damper is surely better than whatever damper is in that D2.
I think they are trying to make it sound more special than it is, but you can adjust the preload of the spring with a coilover.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts