MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All,

I am looking for some exhaust advice. I have a 91T and looking to (eventually) build up to approx 250 rear wheel hp. Ready to go on the car (after the general maintenance is complete) mbc, intake, fcd and then I was going to venture out to an exhaust and downpipe (and later focus on side mount intercooler and then upgraded turbo). I don't want loud, ricer sized tips and do want to keep the dual. I was thinking about a greddy sp. I understand the diameter is smaller than others put I am not looking for 275+ rwhp.

Your idea's and thoughts are welcomed!!! :thumbup

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
Don't expect to gain too much from this exhaust. It's not a complete aftermarket system so it utilizes the stock b-pipe. This is probably the most restrictive piece on the exhaust system. I would say expect little to no gain except for a deeper/slightly louder tone and awesome appearance compared to stock. I have the GReddy SP on my 1991 Turbo and i think it's got the best style. Not rice, but not stock. Im looking to add a Tanabe b-pipe to increase HP but not sure if that'll drastically change noise levels.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts