MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

61 - 80 of 101 Posts

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
B24nsw said:
OK, I get it now.
So, where can you buy the front clip from the V8 MR2 in the pictures? Did anyone every build a fibreglass kit?
Only 1 SARD street MR2 was ever made. A few were made for racing only.

Also, the SARD MR2 (called the MC8R) had a whole new subframe front and rear and completely different suspension, wheelbase (longer) and width (wider). Its not just a widebody kit.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #63 (Edited)
I hope everybody had a great 4th July yesterday :thumbup :thumbup

cbulen said:
Only 1 SARD street MR2 was ever made. A few were made for racing only.

Also, the SARD MR2 (called the MC8R) had a whole new subframe front and rear and completely different suspension, wheelbase (longer) and width (wider). Its not just a widebody kit.
Correct. ..

If you open up the images on a separate tab you should be able to zoom in and read the article. The car used Supra front suspension on a spaceframe chassis and race derived rear suspension. I think there were 15 race cars in total (I do not know where any of those are) and 1 road car as Chris said. The road car is now thought to be in a private collection in Japan .... somewhere (AFAIK).

On a plus note...
The V8 saw daylight once again the other evening and is now at work with the rest of the car :)

You can see the other 4 cars my girlfriend and I have too lol ... not forgetting Betha "the big fat slag" (BMW 330d Touring - family wagon)

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
dgh938peg said:
I hope everybody had a great 4th July yesterday :thumbup :thumbup

On a plus note...
The V8 saw daylight once again the other evening and is now at work with the rest of the car :)

You can see the other 4 cars my girlfriend and I have too lol ... not forgetting Betha "the big fat slag" (BMW 330d Touring - family wagon)
You may have to have a membership and be logged into that site to view the pix. I could not view them

Information You are not authorised to download this attachment.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #65 (Edited)
Ah - let me saveas and add a few i took earlier Chris!....

Here.....

And form earlier today....

Another step closer still :D

Popped into the factory at lunchtime. The V8 was in the other shop, The roller shutter where the car is being done is getting sticky and has a knack to it. So I've not wheeled it across...... .... ... until now :smile:

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #66

Ignore the camera perspective its pretty much bang on the money 15" wheels move back and the car needs to be 7" or so longer.. :thumbup :thumbup

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
Last weekends progress....

Big thanks to leFrog again and Adam3442 for rocking up & helping me kill a perfectly good shell!! :laughing

I can't really call it a productive day - as much as it was; it was mostly about destruction!!

Pics!!!

Adam & I made short work getting these off

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #68

Then chopped off the boot aperture in one piece... Removed the floor & firewall ... Couldn't resist a quick looksie...

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #70
Then Monsieur leFrog & I (while Adz hacked & hammered) tried mating the engine & box with my temp MDF adapter...

The adapter will do fine for now by need to shorten the steel shaft aligned by 10mm

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #73
paul woods said:
Fantastic progress Dan, great to see this underway, no turning back now mate!
:D .... Maybe i should change my mind or something like that..!

Nah! Really got the bug for it now and even though I am spending quite a bit of time on it already I am always wanting to do more (which is a good thing obviously!

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #76
Smurfcrusher said:
lol! Amazing project ! Can't wait to see and hear this monster on video!
Thanks! Target is to be on track at one of the UK Jap shows (Japfest) which is May next year...

MidnightBlueMR2 said:
Please don't tell me your doing an auto........
Errrr ..... no..?
What makes you think that?

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #77
More work on the car this weekend... ..

Suspension towers out

Undecided whether I will keep the rails or cut them back further

Wooden adapter used & bolted the engine & box together

61 - 80 of 101 Posts