·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ooo never seen one of those ones.

·
Registered
9,809 Posts
Nothing special. Someone just took off the TOYOTA decal and put on a TRD Racing Development decal.

These were never made stock in ANY country. Those visors only ever had either;

1. TOYOTA
2. SUPER EDITION
3. BLACK LIMITED

placed on them.

Todd
87sc

·
Posts with pics?
1,036 Posts
Cool.I never realized it was simply a sticker.
:hey: You could make your own phrase and put up there theoretically.Like "0 to 60 in 15.5 seconds" or "My other car is a Yugo"or "I beat the Hare"

No,I like my MkI.But it can't compare to my Mk2T.

·
Registered
535 Posts
I've seen a supercharged AW11 on the web with its "TOYOTA" replaced with a suitably taunting phrase. I can't remember what it was...

Did the 'White Lanner'/'White Runner' have anything special on its roof spoiler? (I suspect it may have been released before the roof spoiler was added...)

As for the Black Limited... it was a Japan-only (AFAIK) model introduced in 1986. Mechanically it's identical to any 1985/1986 AW11. It came with a special-edition steering wheel and gear lever, along with metallic black paint (code 204) and other bits of trim to celebrate the fun of having to wash your car every 2nd day. :)

They came out as G-spec only, not G-limited, in order to confuse people.

Unfortunately mine was missing its special steering wheel and gearknob when I got it - both had been replaced with (albeit mint-condition) 87+ equipment. At least that made it slightly less heartbreaking to replace the (not-black-limited) steering wheel with a deep-dish Sparco with enough rake to suit my T-Rex-esque proportions and incredibly long legs. Heh. :)

Other photos:
Interior
From the side...

·
Burbank's fastest AW11
14,473 Posts
One can even remove it and have it painted to color match the car.

Peace-

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I emailed the guy & he rekons its a genuine TRD part, the real deal. I suspect not but IMO it'll still look alwight on the back of my mr2.
If you look at the pics I noticed the spoiler looks to be a different colour to the one I have (standard TOYOTA job) & I think mine as grooves going left to right?

I'll know more when it arrives.

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
I saw one on ebay awhile back that had "SUPERCHARGED" on it instead of "TOYOTA". It was advertised as being from Japan. I was wondering if it was real.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
supercharged I think is real.

We'll have to do some sort of mini gallery of them

·
Registered
9,809 Posts
Well,

I have been browsing Japanese sites and the other country websites about MK1 MR2 for over 10 years and have only heard of the three visor types that I mentioned above. There were no visors with White Lanner or runner on them that guy put that sticker on there. There were no Supercharged or SUpercharger decals on those. Supercharged is written as Super Charger with that space inbetween on the Japan models on the trunk lid vs. Supercharged as found on the US models. SUPEREDITION,Black Limited and TOYOTA are the only ones Toyota ever produced, period!

That TRD decal is even a newer style decal that TRD produced starting in the late 90's. So, there is not even a possibility that it came from the factory like that.

Todd
87sc
www.cardomain.com/id/tksmr2

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
aah well, even if its not real, looks damm fine IMO

·
Registered
592 Posts
i have to take new picture of my car so i'll post one that we can see it just to show people....its kind of sad 'cause i don't have any trd stuff on my car so

·
Registered
9,809 Posts
Ok,

There seems to be two Black Limited stickers that Toyota put on the rear visors. One looks homemade in block letters and the other decal looks much more professional. Ignore that little Toyota sticker as it is just for the front bumper but that owner put it on this visor.

http://carpron.com/gallery/album239/aw11black1

I still know for a fact that that TRD one is not OEM from the 80's.

Todd
87sc

·
Registered
535 Posts
tksmr2 said:
There seems to be two Black Limited stickers that Toyota put on the rear visors. One looks homemade in block letters and the other decal looks much more professional. Ignore that little Toyota sticker as it is just for the front bumper but that owner put it on this visor.
Todd
87sc
Looking at the T-Tops and the SC engine lid, that's an 87+ car... I guess the first Black Limiteds had the plain version while the later ones had the more decidedly "80s", futuristic style sticker. I notice there's also a yellow "LIMITED" at the bottom of the window.

Intriiiiiguing....

Edit: Thanks for sharing the pictures, too.. I always feel warm and fuzzy when I see another Black Limited. :) I'm thinking of trying to put together a page on the Black Limited, hopefully with production numbers or something... Though in the meantime Ewoud from http://www.aw11.tk/ and I are exchanging what we know. Info is hard to come by on these cars.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts