MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally, we got everything back on except for some vaccume lines and another problem has come in place. First, the engine has no acceleration at all. I will give it full throttle and it will stay there until like 5 seconds and very very slowly climbs up in speed. What would cause this. Secondly there is a knocking when the engine is running at any time. What would cause that? The rod bearings?, but we never had this problem until now. Thanks for your post in advance. Right now the car can not be driven because it takes way too long to get the RPM's up in neutral.

Kyle

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the timing should be fine though. When I got the T belt on the camshafts were alined up right, and the distributor was to, and it was at TDC. It takes like 6 times to start it up and it acks like it wants to and at the same time it acks like it doesnt want to start up. Whats weird is that when it does start up I am only bumping the starter. Thet spark plug order is correct to. If i adjusted my distributor would that help? and also help with the acceleration?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts